Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

How do I obtain the Disable Code to get access to my e-mail?

Customer Question
Billing and Tech Support have...
How do I obtain the Disable Code to get access to my e-mail? Billing and Tech Support have my correct phone to send the Disable Code to, but Security has an incorrect number and no one seems to know how to correct it so that they can send the Disable Code to.
I have talked to Mike Wiz at AOL Corp and sent proof of who I am and was told that he would forward it on to Security. That was over a week ago and I still have not heard from Security nor has the number been corrected.
HELP
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Email
2/13/2016
Email technician: Russell H., Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Russell H., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Is your AOL account paid, or unpaid?

For the unpaid ones there is less courtesy and fewer means of getting support from AOL (last I heard, admittedly some years ago.)

How did you lose access to your email? did the password ***** to work? did you go through the 'forgot password?' link on the login page? Did you go through the similar link in the AOL browser?

(If you only tried going through AOL's browser, try logging in with your old password ***** the www.aol.com site (click on Sign In on the upper right on that page, try your old password) in a web browser on your computer. See if it works there.. if it does, perhaps your AOL browser/software is corrupt and needs reinstalling.)