Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I am trying to configure a new gmail account to my Outlook

Customer Question

I am trying to configure a new gmail account to my Outlook 2007 on Windows 7. I have the GMAIL configuration settings. I go through the steps, and when I try to test the settings, I get an Outlook popup asking for the userid and PW for the POP server, which I entered during the configuration step. I re-enter, check save PW, and OK and the same popup reappears, over and over. I have been through the setup steps multiple times, double and triple checking everything, without success. I have also double checked the settings to enable POP server on the GMAIL account. I have 2 other GMAIL accounts setup in Outlook with no issues. Any ideas?
Category: Email
Expert:  Viet - Email Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10?

Did the gmail configuration instructions show you how to enable POP / IMAP settings?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,