Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I want to be sure you are answering the correct question so…

Customer Question
I want to be sure...
I want to be sure you are answering the correct question so I'm going to retype it so it's 100% clear. I started replying to an email I received in one of my Gmail accounts about 2 or 3 hours ago. I kept the reply in the draft folder so I could finish answering it tonight. Somehow, I accidentally hit the back/delete button on 2 of the sentences and they were deleted from the draft. I still have the draft but. I spent a lot of time answering the questions in the email and due to my stupidity by hitting the back/delete button I lost two of my replies. Since, it was in the draft is there any way to get back the replies within that email that I lost/accidentally deleted. I've tried a few options I found online but I cant seem to get back what I deleted from the draft...Can someone please help me? If there is no way to get back something I deleted within the draft I need to know so I can try and retype it, but I'd prefer to get my deleted sentences back...HELP???
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Email
2/2/2016
Email technician: Richard, Email Systems Specialist replied 2 years ago
Richard, Email Systems Specialist

Hi there and welcome

The only method would have been to use Control + Z which undoes the changes by replacing the text from the Ram in the computer. If this does nothing, then the text has gone from the Ram.

If you then closed the draft and re-opened it and still the text was gone, it means it updates the draft on the server.

This is different to actually deleting an email with which you have options such as in the Trash, or a deleted recovery process, as you overwrote the file, you did not technically delete it (it treats the entire file as a save, it does not save only the changed portions.

I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but in this situation it will not be possible sorry.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you