Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

My Firefox browser keeps redirecting me to 'sign in Google…

Customer Question
My Firefox browser keeps redirecting...
My Firefox browser keeps redirecting me to 'sign in Google Accounts' away from the Mighty Text site. This does not happen when I use Chrome. Please can you tell me how I fix it?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Email
2/2/2016
Email technician: Harold Hanna, Engineer replied 2 years ago
Harold Hanna
Harold Hanna, Engineer

Hello how are you this evening Ken?

Hi, good thanks, ***** ***** browser works.

Have you tried to change the start page in Firefox?

To do this in Firefox, you will perform the following -

1. Open a tab with the web page you want to use as your home page.
  2. Drag and drop that tab onto the Home button .
  3. Click Yes to set this page as your home page.

If you are changing it and it is not "remembering" the setting, there is a possibility there may be a virus or other malware installed that is changing the setting, but as it sends you to google, it is most likely the homepage just needs to be changed using the method described above.

Please let me know if the directions above have assisted you. If they have, please rate my assistance! If not, feel free to give further information and I'll be happy to continue assisting you!

Resetting the home page works fine. It's just when I load Mighty Text it redirects from https://mightytext.net/web8/ to

https://accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin?service=ah&passive=true&continue=https%3A%2F%2Fappengine.google.com%2F_ah%2Fconflogin%3Fcontinue%3Dhttps%3A%2F%2Ftextyserver.appspot.com%2Fsignin%253Fcompleted_web%253Dtrue%2526continue_web%253D%252Bhttps%25253A%25252F%25252Fmightytext.net%25252Fweb8%25252F&ltmpl=gm&shdf=ChYLEgZhaG5hbWUaCk1pZ2h0eVRleHQMEgJhaCIUnoS4RQtbZsvO4UU24u67FEu40acoATIUhU6dPO7doUdE_659U4MYWUNXwMw#identifier

When you say you load mighty texts, are you going to the website or are you using an application for this?

Going to the website, which is at the short address. while it is loading up it suddenly points me to the long google address. This only happens with the Firefox browser.

What is the exact address you are going to, to start?

Is it www.mightytext.net ?

Yes, then when I go to login it goes to start logging in but then switches to google accounts

OK looking into this. I do not need your login information, but is it in an email format? Such as @gmail.com ?

I believe it is trying to connect you to the apps store to confirm your identification, as it will be sending messages using your phone. Firefox may be configured to not save information, therefore it is asking every time you start Firefox.

yes that's correct...but it used to work until I had to redownload firefox (stuck on connecting) then it started this problem.

Sorry for the delay this box is slow for some reason. Try the following steps. Also, there is sometimes a check box to remember the settings.

To have Firefox remember your username and password, click on Remember. The next time you visit the website, Firefox will automatically enter your username and password ***** you.

• If you've stored the wrong username or password, just type the right one into the website and Firefox will prompt you to save it. To save the new username and password, click onUpdate.

Where is remember and on which website/url?

This will be when you are logging in to the website. It usually has a check box/button next to it to "remember". Many times it may also ask, is this a public computer? This is because if it is, you would not want to retain your password ***** the computer. As it is your private computer, you would answer accordingly. This setting once correct should retain the password. Keep in mind if you have Firefox clearing history or not saving information specifically, this will delete the information regardless. Also using third party tools, such as Ccleaner, will delete some password ***** Please let me know if you have other questions! I will assist you with this until we get it figured out!

I'm on a different PC now....and it does exactly the same (under Firefox).

It's limited to only this website? Do you log into many other websites?

Yes, including this one.

OK Ken. That is pretty odd, but from what you are telling me it seems to be a problem with just that website, and Firefox. I will look into some information at the website and see if this is addressed.

Now just so you know, there is also a separate application that can be run on Windows itself, bypassing the requirement to even use it on your browser.

Also not sure which page you are using directly, but it seems like there may be an extension to install it directly into Firefox.

https://mightytext.net/web

I tried that url too. Same result.

Did you try the separate application? That may be easier if you are having specific problems with Firefox