Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I am trying to transfer all of my email conversations

Customer Question
Hello, I am trying to...
Hello, I am trying to transfer all of my email conversations (sent/received/archive folders) from a godaddy email address (****@****************.com) to a newly created gmail address (****************@gmail.com). I began the transfer under the import options in gmail, but I'm not seeing my sent messages come through. Is there a way to do a transfer such that the whole conversations come through as well as the folder structure?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Email
1/31/2016
Email technician: Kamil Anwar, Exchange & Email Consultant replied 2 years ago
Kamil Anwar, Exchange & Email Consultant

May i connect with you remotely to check and do this for you? Thanks

to my desktop?

Yes

I'd rather not connect remotely, but is there a way that you can walk me through the steps?

Yes, Download Thunderbird and Add GoDaddy Account as IMAP. Then, add Gmail account as IMAP and move Sent Mails from GoDaddy to the Gmail's sent folder.

You can also move the entire folder structure this way.

Downloading thunderbird now

OK.

Will this maintain the folder structure as well?

You will just drag and drop to Gmail, so it is like copying the exact thing from GoDaddy to Gmail.

can you explain the next step?

Yes, click email and add godaddy account.

I suggest we do it remotely, it will be quick.

alright

I sent request for remote service. Please accept it then follow steps here to connect with me.

Click the link below and run/open the downloaded program:
https://secure.logmeinrescue.com/R?i=2&Code=440948

I apologize, my card is not being accepted

No worries, click the link below and run/open the downloaded program:

Please open the downloaded file support-logmeinrescue.