Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Though entering my correct google user name & password, my…

Customer Question
Though entering my correct google...
Though entering my correct google user name & password, my Mac will not allow me to log-in to my e-mail account on my Mac. The mail is being received on my Iphone.
Jerry Mollen
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Email
1/31/2016
Email technician: Dustin, Email Specialist replied 2 years ago
Dustin, Email Specialist
Experience: Specializing in Thunderbird, Eudora, Outlook, Outlook for Mac, Mac Mail, Windows Live mail, Incredimail and a few others! Also Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

I know you said you checked your email account on the iphone.. Was it working or not?

Also, have you tried logging into gmail via safari on your macbook itself, can you login that way?

And also, I need to know the version of mac osx you have on your macbook, heres how to check.

Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

my email is working on the IPhone. I had to step out for a short time. I will try your suggestions when back at the PC. Thank you.

Not a problem Jerry. I will be online and working for the next ten hours.

When you get back to your pc should you need any further assistance at all, dont hesitate to send a message my way. As the steps I sent were just test steps, we will need to carry out some repairs depending on the outcome of those test steps.

Thank you,

Dustin S.