Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Thunderbird is randomly dropping emails after I have read…

Customer Question
Thunderbird is randomly dropping emails...
Thunderbird is randomly dropping emails after I have read the message. Would switching to another email client help I have Win10 and do not like Mail, too many bugs
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Email
1/29/2016
Email technician: John, Email Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
John, Email Support Specialist

Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you.

Ma'am when you say dropping emails do you the emails disappear after reading from inbox?

Do you know whether its configured in imap or pop server?

When did this problem started?

Sincerely,

Note: - Please reply using the box below.

after I read an email and want to come back and read it again, its not there.
Imap
a few days ago, not sure of the time it started, was in Jan 2016
you still there

Yes i am here,Thank you for the details.

Does these disappearing emails shows in trash or any other folders in thunderbird did you check it?

Please see if these emails are show in inbox of pobox web mail to check it click on this link to open pobox email login https://www.pobox.com/login

john

I have checked there and only gives me mail from today, I have checked all folders and even did a search

First we will try system restore to see if this problem can be fixed to do that please follow the instructions.

1. Press windows key and R key that will open run box

2. In the Run box type rstrui and press enter that will open system restore window, Click on next

3. In that windows it will show a restore date select that restore date before this problem started . If the required restore date is not listed then select Choose a different restore point on the bottom of the system restore window. Now select the desired restore date.

4. Then click on next and continue with the system restore process

During the process the system will restart after that see if that problem got solved and please let me know.

Note:- Please bookmark this page, use that bookmark to open this page after the restart,In case that doesn't work. Then you can get back to this page using the email send by just answer to your email address regarding this question. There is view answer option in the email click on that and you can open this page. You can also use the welcome email from justanswer to open this page too there is a check my answer option in it to open this page. That email also has you justanswer user name and password ***** login.

john

I'll try, I just dont want to screw up anything on this laptop

This wont do any damage to the PC it will only revert settings.No need to worry about it.

Do not forget to let me know the result.

john

Checking to see whether system restore completed successfully and did it fix the issue?

john

No, the system didnt work. May try again and see if works with a earlier point.Mail cNot yet, may do a restore point since jan. 10

Yes please and see if it works.

Let me know.

john

Hello, tried to run the restore but couldn't complete, said there was an error

Thank you for the update.I apologize for the delay

In that case may i remote access to your PC and check the issue you are facing directly. It’s secure and also you can see what all I am doing in the PC.

Let me know when you are back online to continue.

john