Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

We just switched my old Eudora email files over to

Customer Question
Hi, we just switched my...
Hi, we just switched my old Eudora email files over to Thunderbird. Unfortunately they were running on Eudora 7! I got my old incoming messages in the general email but all of my various "mailboxes" where I filed specific emails did not transfer over. Now did the "Sent" file. What can I do to rectify that (I still have the old computer with all of the Eudora data). Thanks. I like using Thunderbird and will figure out how to donate later.
Joan (*****@******.***)
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Email
1/27/2016
Email technician: Cody, Senior Systems Administrator replied 2 years ago
Cody
Cody, Senior Systems Administrator

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

Start off by taking your Thunderbird offline or moving the current emails to a local folder within Thunderbird so you have a backup.
I would then setup your Eudora settings to use imap, so that all your emails will sync to the server. Then do the same in Thunderbird. From there you can move everything over locally in case you're wanting pop3 setup for your email account.

I can be available tonight for a remote session if you would prefer that.

Checking in to see if you still need help with this issue, if so please reply at your convenience