Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I got a new computer with windows 7. My data was transferred…

Customer Question
I got a new computer...
I got a new computer with windows 7. My data was transferred to the new computer by Staples in Charleston, WV. I cannot access by yahoo mail. My Email address is***@******.***. I used my old password ***** I was using, but it will not work. I have not been able to access my email for about a month now. My phone number is(###) ###-#### ***** I try to use the yahoo helper. It says my date of birth is wrong. My sister added me on yahoo mail years ago and I have never received mail on my alternate email, which is, I think***@******.***. I do not have access to it. You can send it to my husbands email address at***@******.***.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Email
1/27/2016
Email technician: Michael Hannigan, Email Expert replied 2 years ago
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Email Expert

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today. Please let me know if there as any additional information that you feel might be pertinent to your question. If I don't hear back from you, I'll provide the best answer I can based on the information you've given so far. You will still be able to reply with additional information or questions at any point during our conversation, and I'll revise the my answer accordingly.

If you are on your sister's email account, then she will be able to change your password. If you are on your own email and she just set it up for you, then she may have put in your birthday incorrectly when she did that originally.

Please go through the yahoo helper recovery process at the following page and let me know how far you make it, and if you don't make it to the end, exactly what error message you get.

If you get an error that the account is temporarily locked because of too many password ***** you might be OK... if you get that error message you must wait 48 hours before attempting another login, otherwise the timer starts all over. Let me know and I will help you work through it.

I will rate you as duds. I ask for my password, not the information you gave me. You just want more money. Forget you

I don't have your password ***** that is how you get it. You cannot simply ask someone for your password ***** expect them to have it. Would you want it that way? Your password ***** ***** by design. That is why you have to go through a process to recover it. You will have to go through the process to get it. There is no one that you can ask that will have it.