Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Email Expert
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP, Expert in Large Email Platforms
23511658

I want to find a very inexpensive email hosting server. I

Customer Question

I want to find a very inexpensive email hosting server. I have 20 domains and about 10 emails on each domain. Please provide links.Also, should I do this email hosting on my pri***** *****nux server? Which email server should I use, sendmail, postfix, exim, ???What are the pros/cons for remote hosting email vs local hosting?
Category: Email
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today. Please let me know if there as any additional information that you feel might be pertinent to your question. If I don't hear back from you, I'll provide the best answer I can based on the information you've given so far. You will still be able to reply with additional information or questions at any point during our conversation, and I'll revise the my answer accordingly.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Basically, I would rather use a remote email server for my clients, as long as it is very inexpensive.
If too expensive then I want to setup the email server on my server.
Please provide an answer ASAP

They are actually quite inexpensive.

You could operate them from a single virtual server - at least that is what I have done in the past. You could use just a hosting account, but there are several reasons that it wouldn't be an ideal platform for email - your best bet is to start off with a virtual server (I use GoDaddy, but there are many) and then you use the server as if it were your own. Get a single dedicated IP - you can authorize that IP in the spf records of all your domains. The best solution would be to separate domains by IP, but in this case, that would not be practical. I've used a single IP with many domains and made it work just fine.

Since all smtp email basically works the same way under the sheets, the software you use will depend entirely on what type of admin interface you need. Will they admin their own domains or will you admin all of it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please provide links to these email servers. Also, please provide pricing for the setup I discussed.

http://bitli.es/c3LXB5

The pricing is there on the site.