Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

I just changed my AOL password. How dso I connect it

Customer Question

Category: Email
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Hi, and thank you for asking your question.

Are you looking to update the AOL password ***** your Mail app now?

May I set up a quick, secure remote session (for a minimal fee) to assist you with the steps?

Please reply back using the Reply box below. Thank you.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Please carry out the following steps now:

Open up the Mail app first, and then click on the "Mail" menu at the very top-left, and select "Preferences".

Next, click on the "Accounts" tab at the top, and then update your new AOL password ***** the "Password" field.

Next, click on the up/down arrows next to "Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP)", and select "Edit SMTP Server List".

Next, click on the "Advanced" tab, and then update your new password ***** as well. Click OK.

Finally, close out the Accounts window; it will prompt you to save changes: click Save. This should do it.

If you need any further assistance with this issue, please be sure to reply back using the Reply box below.

Otherwise, if you could kindly click on (and submit) one of the star buttons at the top of this page to rate my service, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you.