Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Whilst using Thunderbird the program asked if I would like…

Customer Question
Whilst using Thunderbird the program...
Whilst using Thunderbird the program asked if I would like to 'consolidate' my mail to save space. I said 'yes', it then appeared to delete everything and now I can't find any of my correspondence. I've researched archiving - trying to find where the mail went, as it isn't in the Trash folder - but I can't locate my Archives folder on my system. I'm pretty desperate, can you help? I need my e-mails!
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Email
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/19/2016
Email technician: Tim, Sr. Engineer replied 2 years ago
Tim
Tim, Sr. Engineer

Hi there, I'm Tim and will be assisting you today. I have over 15 Years as an Engineer and have been with eBay, DoD and many others. I will do my very best to help you. If you like i can offer remote access and a call.

It made a PST (personal storage file, like a mail back up but into a zip type file.

OK, but where can I find that .zip file so I can access the mail contained within?

it will be called a PST, let me take a look.

I miss spoke, its not a PST, you had multiple mail boxes correct?

consolidating mail ithunderbird merges mail boxes.