Richard, Email Systems Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

Can a live.com email address be converted or added to a

Customer Question

can a live.com email address be converted or added to a microsoft exchange type email system? Im having trouble receiving timely emails from that account and sometimes dont get a noise from my iphone when an email arrives
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

You can have the emails forwarded to the exchange account, and then connect to the exchange account to get your emails.

It wont help on the Timely delivery or notification though, so I do not see any benefit with the effort.

Have you trued re-adding the email account to the iPhone again?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok no i have not tried re-adding it... I guess I could try that. what is a live .com account? who is it? maybe I should contact them to verify I am using the correct settings?

Also with converting it to the exchange account, will I be able to start a new contact list for the live.com contacts and would that benefit my business?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, a live.com account is from Microsoft and actually runs already on exchange in a way. Having it on your own exchange server will not improve it.

You cannot just convert the account though, you need to make a new one on your own exchange server and thats not a simple task. It would not benefit the business and is not the cause of your issue. There are also no settings that effect this, they only use one set for speed ect and this is all default and set by the server

Re-add it to the phone and tell me how it goes please Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The only thing that I have not told you is that another phone has this account set up on it and it is still set up. we added it to my phone so we are both getting the same emails but the other phone gets emails faster than mine and he's not having a problem with it. Does this change anything?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

it actually reinforces what I am saying. readd the account and tell me how it goes please

Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

Was there anything else needed on this Pete?