Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

When i subscribed to charter i wanted to keep my name (

Customer Question

when i subscribed to charter i wanted to keep my name (***@******.***). Now when i try to send an email with an attachment the "send" button is disabled for security reasons.
Category: Email
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.

Hello, welcome to JustAnswer my name is ***** ***** I'm one of the experts who will be assisting you today.

When did the problem start?

May I start a remote session so we can work on the problem together from your computer?

Please reply using the box below.

Regards,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I switched to Charter about four months ago but this is the first time I have tried to attach anything to an email
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.

Are you able to send an email to yourself, without an attachment?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.

What error do you get when you try to send an email with an attachment?

Note: I am not available to connect to your computer until Sunday night as I am away and answering from my mobile.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Note: To protect against computer viruses, e-mail programs may prevent sending or receiving certain types of file attachments. Check your e-mail security settings to determine how attachments are handled.
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.

That's usually just a message that comes up in the body of the message - try pressing Ctrl+A to select all the type your message, it should erase the text with the message you're talking about.

I could connect to your computer and work on it with you if you like, let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I sent myself an e-mail with an attachment and get the same message and pressing Ctrl+A does nothing.
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.

Can you send me a screenshot of the error when you get it or can we do a remote session so we can work on the problem together from your end?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The screen shows exactly what I sent you Jan 20th. I don't want to do a remote session as I have had bad results with those.
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.

Sorry didn't get any screenshots from you on Jan 20, just an error message which can show up in different locations and its troubleshooting can vary depending on that.

You've had bad results with remote sessions on our site?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know how to send a "screenshot". Can you instruct me?
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.

Press the Print screen button on your computer (located at the top right side of your keyboard, above the number pad) then paste it into this page:

http://snag.gy/