Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

I just downloaded Windows 10 and now have problems with my

Customer Question

I just downloaded Windows 10 and now have problems with my Windows Live Email outgoing mail. I receive mail but can't send any out.
Category: Email
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Hi, and thank you for asking your question.

Do you get any error code when trying to send emails now?

May I set up a quick, secure remote session (for a minimal fee) to check the issue for you?

Please reply back to me using the Reply box below. Thank you.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

This is a common issue that can occur with windows 10 once you just upgrade, so I would like you to do the following please.

Press the windows key + X and click on Command Prompt (admin)

A black window will open.

Type in it

sfc /scannow

press enter and when it has completed, type in

chkdsk /r

Press enter.

It will give a message "the type of the file system is NTFS cannot lock current drive.

chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts y/n" Say Y, press enter and restart the computer.

Please note, while this normally only takes 10 minutes to run, it can take at times number of hours if windows encounters many issues. If this is occurring it is critical to let this complete as it means you have corruption on the hard drive that it needs to fix. Even if it looks like the scan is not progressing, it is, please just let it run to completion. Windows will then start when it has.

Then try to send an email out, it should then be ok.

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

Else let me know the results please.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Hi again, it looks like you have gone offline now - please reply back below when you are available next, and I'll set up a remote session and assist you quickly with this issue. Thank you.