Viet - Email Tech
Viet - Email Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

How do I retract an email in yahoo mail?

Customer Question

how do I retract an email in yahoo mail?
Category: Email
Expert:  Viet - Email Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Unfortunately, once you have sent an email message, it is instantly sent to the other person's email Inbox, so there is no way to recall / retract it. It is similar that once your postal mail is picked up by the post office, you cannot stop its delivery. Per privacy policy, any email provider (i.e., yahoo, gmail, hotmail, aol, etc.) is not allowed to get into the other person's email Inbox and look through or delete his/her emails. The only thing you can do is to send another email message and ask the person not to read your previous email message, or tell him/her that it was a mistake. When sending any email message, make sure to check carefully both the name and email address of any recipient as some names and addresses are similar.

Do you have any further question? And/or do you need anything else for now?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there a way to change the sender name that shows up once the email has been sent?

Sorry, unfortunately no, anything that has been sent, you cannot change nor edit it. You can only change the sender name before sending an email message. Thank you.

Here is the official article about this from Yahoo:

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN3595.html

- Basically, for privacy protection, no one can access someone's email account.

Just be careful when sending emails in the future.

Do you need anything else for now? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

If you need anything else, such as any computer issue, please let me know any time.

Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service at the top of this page, then click on Submit. Thank you very much,