Thank you for writing back and I am very sorry about the problems that this caused you.
Unfortunately, a "gmail.com" account can be created for FREE by anyone and from anywhere. The sad part is, anyone who has an internet connection, can create an email account -- can create that "itsbrendakay @ gmail.com" account specifically, without any documentary requirements to identify herself or himself being the person behind the email.
If you are near or if you can meet the person who said that you created this account which you did not, then here are the practical steps that you can do to prove to him or to her that you did not create or USE such account:
- You can show him or her your computer to prove that there are no "traces" of that account in your computer
- If you use your mobile phone to access your Gmail, then you can show your phone to him or her to prove that there are no traces of that email in your phone
In this case of yours, since they claimed that they received an email from "itsbrendakay @ gmail.com" pretending to be coming from you, then you can ask them to actually trace the sender of that email. It is their burden now to prove that it came from you, since they received that email and you have no copy of such email.
Here are the steps you can tell them to follow so that they can trace the sender of that email:
- In their email account, using a web browser, access or open the email from "itsbrendakay @ gmail.com" that they mentioned.
- When the email is open, in the drop down box that says REPLY, click on the small down-arrow then click on Show Original
- Here is my screen shot:
- Then they will see the source code of the email. There they need to locate the IP address of the sender. It is the IP address in the line starting with "Received from" and an IP address is a code in this format: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx where xxx can be 000 to 255. Example: 184.108.40.206
- Here is my sample for you:
- If they got the IP address, then they can use http://whatismyip.com to trace the location of the email.
There is not much that you can do to prove that you DID NOT create or OWN that email account than to show them your phone or computer. They can however use the steps above to actuyally trace the location of the sender of the email that pretended to have come from you.
I hope that helped.
Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!
If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.