Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

How do I reset my pass word to get onto my computer

Customer Question

how do I reset my pass word to get onto my computer
Category: Email
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Hi, and thank you for asking your question.

Are you using Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 or 10 on the affected computer?

Please reply back using the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Windows 8
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

OK; do you see an EMAIL ADDRESS listed for your Windows account, at the logon screen?

Keep me posted.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know what that email address is, and I'll go through the password ***** steps with you. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do I do ? this is not the the computer I ant to reset past word I can't get on it that's why I want t reset PW
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

No issues; could you let me know what's the email address that shows up on the logon screen now?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

OK; I'll reset the Windows password ***** you now. First, are you currently able to access your emails for the "*****@******.***" account?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The computer wants last PW used How do I bypass?
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Yes, I'm going to reset the Windows password ***** you now, but you will need to follow my questions/directions carefully please.

Once again, are you currently able to access your emails for the "*******************" account?

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

The reason I ask this is, I'm going to send a security code to your Yahoo account now; once you have provided me with the code you received, I'll go ahead and reset the Windows account password ***** you. Keep me posted.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My email acc is***@******.*** I can assess it from another computer
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Okay, great - I have sent a security code (from Microsoft) to that Yahoo account now; could you please check your emails from the other computer, and let me know what's the code you received?

Do keep me posted.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The code is(###) ###-####
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

OK, perfect. Now, I'll reset the password ***** you; please let me know a NEW password ***** you would like to use for your Windows account from now on.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Kavelle01
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

OK, I have resetted your Windows password ***** Kavelle01 now; please try using that password ***** the computer now, and let me know if it works for you.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

If this password ***** for you, I'd appreciate it if you kindly take a moment to submit a positive rating at the top of this page. Thank you :)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not trying to get into my email I need to get into a dest top which neede PW to get on
Kavelle01 I not work
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Yes, I resetted the password ***** your desktop's Windows account itself (and not your email account.)

Did you make sure to capitalize the "K" while typing in the password? Could you try again, and let me know?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It still respon PC is offline Please sign with last PW used.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Hmm, okay. One moment; looking this up now. Please stand by,

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

OK; now, please check the bottom of the logon screen carefully - do you see any WIFI/network icon listed there? If so, click on that and then connect to your WIFI network first.

Done that, try logging in with the (new) password ***** more time; does it let you in?

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Alternatively, please connect an Ethernet cable from your router to your desktop directly, and then try logging in with the password. Keep me posted.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we are not having ant luck
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Do this now: please restart the desktop once, using the Power icon at the bottom of the logon screen.

Done restarting, try entering the new password ***** more time. What happens now?

Keep me posted.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we are not having any luck, we need to get pass the log in for this computer to get to the desk top
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Yes, please see my above reply.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Your password ***** the computer has been resetted all right; we just need to get past this "Your PC is offline" error. Please do a complete restart now, and then try entering the new password ***** more time. Let me know.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

If this does not work either, we will carry out a factory reset of your desktop PC next. Please keep me posted.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok trying that now will let u know
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Okay, thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did not working back to where started msg is go to accept live
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Which password ***** you use this time?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It says ow is incorrect it wants Microsoft acc pw
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

What password ***** you type in, this time? Please let me know the exact password ***** typed in; thanks

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Hello?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is the factory reset info
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

One moment; providing you with the info now. Before that, could you confirm if you used Kavelle01 as the password ***** time?

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Now, at the logon screen, please click on the Power icon at the bottom-right, and then HOLD down the Shift key (on your keyboard) and click "Restart" (while still holding down the key.)

Does a blue "Choose an option" screen show up this time?

Keep me posted.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

So, you have gone offline now. Please do not leave your expert hanging like this in the future, but instead try to provide responses in a timely fashion. We will not be credited in any way until our customer's issue has been resolved. Thanks anyway.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not working waisted money thanks
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Good bye.