Tim
Tim, Sr. Engineer
Experience:  Sr. Systems and Network Engineer
75378780

More and more of my email messages say with respect to

Customer Question

More and more of my email messages say with respect to attachments:
"The message has not been downloaded from the server"
What can I do to get the remainder of message and/or attachment downloaded from server?
Thanks
Category: Email
Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

Hi Richard, this is a common problem across iphones, i'm going to put in 4 different methods of correcting this problem, start with 1 go to 4 and test after each one, if you get to 4 and it is still not working, we will need to do some more evasive procedures, but hopefully this fixes it. Let me know if you have already tried these.

1-Tap Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > your email account > Advanced >Delete from server > Set to Never, under INCOMING SETTINGS.

2–Restart your iOS device.

3-Reset your network settings by going to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

4-Remove your email account and then re-add. To do this, tap Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Your email account > Delete account. Then add your account by going to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add Account.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
None of these fixes work. You say that this is a common problem with IPhones but the same issue affects my IPad .
Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, it's common among all IOS devices, including the Ipad, Iphone, Ipod Touch etc.

Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

Did this just start recently?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, for a while but it seems to be happening more often. I would continue this by telephone but I am outside the US (in St Lucia) and it would be too costly for long distance charges.
Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

Understood on the call. Is this an intermittent problem? Did you try removing the email account and re adding it? Another suggestion is changing from pop3 to IMAP mail.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My email account is already IMAP. I removed and added it but no change with issue.
Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

Hm, ok. So the alternative apple has been suggesting is to use another mail client other than the default mail tool, i would agree this seems like a work around and not ideal.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry but I don't understand your response. What does "another mail client" mean?
Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

My mistake, essentially replacing the standard apple mail app with another, below is a link to semi reviews of other Mail applications, I'd not put too much stock in the reviews, but the applications listed might be worth a try, or one of them i should say.

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/apps/features/five-of-the-best-alternative-email-clients-for-ios-566976

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I give up. I will go the the Genius Bar at my local Apple Store when I return home.
Thanks anyway.
Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

No problem, i'll flag this for Customer service for a refund.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks