Email

Need Help With Email? Ask Your Email Questions Online

Email

I am using Microsoft Outlook 2016 emails but have not been

Customer Question
I am using Microsoft Outlook...
I am using Microsoft Outlook 2016 for my emails but have not been able to send emails for about 10 days, they appear in my Sent folder but the recipients so not receive the emails. I still receive emails and can send emails using Web mail. I have 2 profiles set-up in Outlook, one using my ISP and the other profile is for a Gmail account using Google Apps Sync. I am allso receiving numerous Synchronization Logs. I have checked with my ISP and they cannot solve the problem. Please advise how .I can start sending emails using Outlook and stop the Sync Logs.
Regards,
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Email
12/24/2015
Email technician: Michael Hannigan, Email Expert replied 2 years ago
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Email Expert

Hello. My name is Michael. I can help you with your question.

As long as you are using IMAP accounts, what I would do, is to create the profile again that you are having the problem with (create a new profile), then add your account into that new profile. It should auto-discover the server settings, including the send server settings, and then resync your email. Once you do that you can get rid of the old profile (copy sent items over first if you still need them).

Another option, if the problem is with the Google Apps Sync profile, is to use the Google Apps Sync Log Analyzer. That will look through the log and tell you what the problem is. Google Apps Sync is really a special case under outlook since it doesn't use the Outlook Mechanisms to send email - instead it synchronizes (or tries to) the email and then the server sends them vs outlook sending them via SMTP to the email server.

Let me know if that sheds light on it, or at least gives you more information and I can help you troubleshoot it.

I am using IMAP accounts, I have used the repair in Account Settings and it advise that it has repaired the profile and I receive and automated email from Outlook. If I try to remove the profile it warns that "All ofline cached content will be deleted", I don't want to lose my previous emails. Neil
I am receiving The Sync Logs in my private emails which does not use Google Apps Sync.

Please explain what you mean by "sync logs". There should be no sync logs for an outlook email account if it isn't using something like the google apps sync. Outgoing emails don't "sync".... they are sent over SMTP.

My suggestion was to create a new profile first... to see if that corrects your problem. You can always moved the unsent emails over to the new profile. When you are using IMAP, everything that is on your computer is also still on the server.

That being said, if you receive the automated email from yourself to your Outlook client, this tells you that the account is sending correctly.

What is the exact error message you are getting? What exactly do the logs to which you are referring, say exactly?

I left out one possibility... if you are using an Exchange server. You can turn logging off.

Turn off logging

1. On the Tools menu, click Options.
  2. On the Other tab, click Advanced Options.
  3. Clear the Enable logging (troubleshooting) check box, and then click OK two times.

But that's only for an exchange account.

Last time your technician used a remote connection to my computer to solve the problem, would you rather do that as I am not sure of the phone No. to use.

I can offer that to you as an additional service - it's up to you if you think that would be more convenient.

That is a lot more than last time. My phone No. is 02 9631 8390 and I this the area code for Australia is 61

You have to request that from your end... there should be an option to request a phone call.

Remote session costs will depend on the level of skill required and the anticipated amount of time to resolve the problem, so they are always different. But you can certainly request the phone call. That will be open to anyone who has the time to take it when you make the request, so it's usually pretty quick.

The only option on my screen is for the Remote Tech Support which I do not wish to request.

Sorry, I thought when you said, "would you rather do that as I am not sure of the phone No. to use" you were implying that you had the option to request a phone call. Is that not the case?

You can just reject the Remote tech support request.

The option for a phone call, if you had one, did not come from me -that is built into the system.

No there is no option to request a phone call. It was hear but has been replaced by the Remote Tech Support offer

Ok... reject the offer for the tech support.

As I said - the offer for the phone call doesn't come from me. That is from the system. You inquired about a remote tech support session, so I sent you the offer for remote tech support. Just reject that.

There is no option to reject the Tech Support Offer, only to accept. I will try the suggestions you have provided and end the session. Thank you.

I apologize... I don't have any control over the system, and since I don't see it from your side, they may have made changes that I haven't seen. I really apologize for messing up the phone call option.

That is OK, I will now try you suggestions.

Ok. Let me know if you have any questions.

I would appreciate a moment of your time to rate my level of service at your convenience. I will still be available to you if you need me.

Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Email Expert