Tim
Tim, Sr. Engineer
Experience:  Sr. Systems and Network Engineer
75378780

I have windows live mail 2012. It keeps locking up and

Customer Question

I have windows live mail 2012. It keeps locking up and saying windows live mail not responding. I have to sit there and wait for it or shut it down all together. what can I do? Is there another alternative as I have a POP3 mail account
Category: Email
Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Tim and will be helping you.

Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

So you are using outlook correct, and windows live mail is not working great....we can either look at that more, or if you want a suggestion of a far better, more stable and more importantly secure email service, then there is no doubt gmail is the one to migrate to, if thats something you want to do.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a gmail account, I would just have to route all my mail to that.
Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

Yes, which is a pain...

Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

So we can discuss that And/Or I can remote in and see whats going on with your current set up, and then make a suggestion if you like.

Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

It is an additional service, i always charge the minimum which is 5.00, It's up to you.

Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

I usually Advise people to migrate away from many mail services to gmail, gmail is not perfect, and you definitely need to take the time to give them your cell # ***** an alternative email address in case you get locked out - and your probably will at some point, google is very strict on security, so if you travel away from home, google will know you are connecting from a different IP other than your home, and will ask you to verify you are you. It's not a big deal, just more security minded than others, and more functional.

Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

I have to step away for about 30-40 minutes, let me know how you want to proceed, working on your live mail, or migrating to gmail.

Tim

Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

I got both messages, Let's not bother testing the gmail one, we know that one is fine. It sounds like for what ever reason your work email is being flagged as spam from the peoples accounts you are sending them to.

Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

You can also try testing with my hotmail account as well if you would like.***@******.***

Is there any pattern as to which people do not get your messages? are they all using the same provider?