Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I tried to open windows this morning with the same password

Customer Question

I tried to open windows this morning with the same password ***** used sice I've had this computer & it says incorrect password. What do I do?
Category: Email
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.

Hi Marvin. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist. Can you tell me which version of Windows

you are using? 8 or 10?

Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.

If you've been to account.live.com/password/reset and successfully reset the password ***** your account (the email address that is displayed on your login screen) then the next thing to check is if the computer is connected to the internet as a Microsoft server on the internet is used to verify your password.

In Windows 8 you will have a Network/Wi-fi icon in the lower left corner of your screen. In Windows 10 the icon is in the lower right corner (third icon from the right). If you hover your mouse over the icon are you told you have internet access?