Email

Need Help With Email? Ask Your Email Questions Online

Email

I have Windows 7 and the Office package that was purchased

Customer Question
at the time. Recently there...
I have Windows 7 and the Office package that was purchased at the time. Recently there was an upgrade done automatically and since then I cannot get Outlook to retain changes that I want. For example I want the pictures etc loaded automatically and when I delete an email have it open the next in line.
I have changed the settings to allow this to happen but every time it is closed down and launched again it goes back to original settings. Same with changes to the different columns.
Can you help as I deal with a lot of emails. I am not interested in upgrading to windows 10 as I use the Media centre and this is not part of that package.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Email
12/22/2015
Email technician: Tim, Sr. Engineer replied 2 years ago
Tim
Tim, Sr. Engineer

Hi Tony, I'm Tim and will do my best to help. With these kinds of things its easiest if i can do a remote session, it is an additional service of 10.00, but it will allow me to see what you are doing and perhaps get to the bottom of it sooner than later. Let me know, if not we can try and hash it out here, it will just be harder.

- Tim

Tim. I'm getting a little concerned as part of the email I received want more info for paypal. I also got an email from paypal stating that 'Justanswer' need to send instructions. Paypal works very well for me on many purchases and now you would like an additional $10. Not overly concerned but the blurb from just answer wanting me to start free trials etc doesn't impress. Not sure where this leaves us.

No worries, the 10.00 is pretty much my fee for assisting remotely etc, though i do get a small cut of your original question $. JA like to get people to sign up for their subscription which lets you ask X amount of questions to diff groups, some people love it, some hate it. As of right now your just paying for one question and the additional service fee. If you have other questions, customer support is best to ask, as i am 'just' an Engineer.

-Tim

Tim
I will have to get back to you as I am required elsewhere at the moment. I will respond a little later on.

No problem.

Tim
I had to go away for a while and have not had time to deal with this problem. I have been using the email today and finally get to your requests for rating. My issue is that the emails have just started working properly and I strongly suspect a patch has been downloaded to fix the problem I initially commenced with you. So I am not sure where this leaves both of us in that I paid for a fix that appears to have been done by a patch and did not receive anything for my money. If you can confirm that Microsoft have indeed done this then I see no reason for not rating you accordingly but if you don't know I have paid for nothing. Your comments are welcome on this.

It would be exceedingly rare for a patch to cause and then fix a problem like that, it's not impossible but it is rare. Further more you have not rated anyone, so you have not paid for any services. I'll flag you for Customer service. Again, i doubt it was a patch, but maybe you got lucky.

Thanks Tim. I concede to your better knowledge but I have no other answer as I have not done any thing to change the system. I was away on other issues and came back to a stack of work and the problem had gone away. None the wiser as I had been wresting with this problem for over a week prior to finding Justanswer. I will come back in future if I develop another issue. Thanks for you patience on this and for generating a refund.

Ok.

Tim
Tim
Tim, Sr. Engineer