Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I used to have gmail.com. One day I opened the file and it

Customer Question

Hi - I used to have gmail.com. One day I opened the file and it seemed as though everything had changed - mainly having to get a new password ***** open my file. I followed the procedures dictated, got a new password, entered more #s to get me back to where I originally was; entered the new numbers; and, finally, finally got to the point where I was to reset the password. I did so, but w/so many numbers and places to enter them, I forgot one or two groups is numbers. I kept doing this for days, and could not change my password. Convincing myself that I was just stupid, I continued on for another day or two - same story. SO finally I changed the email address. Well, that took me right to emptyville land where I had a new gmail name and was insructed to get a new password. I honestly and truly was so wiped out at this point, I just totally gave up. This move is NOT serving me well. I have no idea where my e-mails (*****@******.***) are going and don't know what to do next. I'm not eligible for new phone, but do not know how to use the fairly new one I have. HELP. Nancy - in no email land.
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

It may be you were the victim of a hack Nancy, and the password ***** page was a fake one you were using.

What exactly happens now when you try to sign into your account?

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,