Email

Need Help With Email? Ask Your Email Questions Online

Email

I love Eudora, but just recently, I have been unable to

Customer Question
receive email. I can send...
I love Eudora, but just recently, I have been unable to receive email. I can send okay for the moment but cannot receive. I have used Windows 10 for a while now but only recently had this problem with Eudora. I have been unable to find any other software that downloads directly to my computer, both email and attachments.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Email
I use Windows 10 and have not had a problem with Eudora on it for several months. I use Eudora 7. My desire is to get Eudora back up and running. I want the functionality of receiving email and attachments directly onto my computer's hard drive and not have them in the cloud.
My actual question is how do I get Eudora back up and running to both send and receive directly to my computer.
I have played with the options settings on POP to no avail. The email works fine via Yahoo mail (on a browser) on the cloud. There I can send and receive but I do not want cloud service.
12/13/2015
Email technician: Mr.Med, Other replied 2 years ago
Mr.Med
Mr.Med, Other

Hello and welcome to justanswer, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you today,

I'm sorry about the issue, Please Open Eudora and Please send out a test email to your email account by entering your email address into "To" section and check if you receive that email into Inbox or not.

login into your webmail account and delete useless emails. Please restart your computer once and then check it.

Let me know the results

Thank you

has everything worked out please?

I can send from computer Eudora but I can only receive on web Yahoo mail set up to same account. I want to receive the message on computer Eudora. My satisfaction is only when I can use computer Eudora to both send and receive. Currently I can only send.
I was told that only $5 would be deducted from my account until satisfaction is obtained. I just received a $31 hit on my credit card. It seems you have reversed the billing. This is deceptive.

I will do my best to solve the issue, please follow the steps by steps instruction at the link below and let me know the results :

https://www.siteground.com/kb/cannot_receive_email_using_eudora/

Hope this help

Thank you

This did not work. There are limits to what Eudora allows me to do on options. The suggestions you offered are internet related and do not work with the Eudora software. So, no, there is no solution that you have offered.
I am reading your responses on the cloud yahoo mail and not on Eudora which cannot receive email, like it has since I first starting using it more than 12 years ago.
I am using Eudora 7. You have directed me to Thunderbird. That is not Eudora.

Please try one of these solutions :

I. Turn of MAPI in Eudora
1. Start Eudora.
2. Click on Tools in the menu bar.
3. Click on Options at the bottom of the Tools menu. This will open the Options window.
4. On the left side of the Options window, scroll down until you locate the MAPI icon.
5. Click on the MAPI icon.
6. Ensure the "Use Eudora MAPI server" option is set to "Never".
7. Click OK. The Options window will close.
8. Exit Eudora.
9. Start Eudora.

If the error still occurs, try to reinstall eudora.

If the problem persists, you can use Thunderbird, please download from : https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/

Hope this help

Thanks

I have always (over a decade) had MAPI set to "never" on the line that says "use Eudora MAPI server" and "delete MAPI attachments. I have tried to both check and uncheck the options "send single MAPI file attachment as inline attachment" and "warn on MAPI auto-send of messages". Checking or unchecking makes no difference on sending (okay) or receiving (unable to receive.).
I do have options under "use Eudora MAPI server" of "never", "when Eudora is running", and "always". I have never had anything checked but "never".
Email technician: Jason Jones, Computer Technician replied 2 years ago
Jason Jones, Computer Technician

I will be the person helping you today.

I can see that you may need a little bit of extra help.

May I ask if you still need help with this problem? If so, may I start a screen sharing session on your computer and help you resolve the problem?

Once the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate via a chat window on your computer.

Thank you,
Jason

I do not want to spend more money. Since the problem has not been solved, I assume that I will be charged only the $5 and not the $31 that seems to have been taken on the credit card. Thank you anyway.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist