Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

My email account is frozen. I cannot delete or get mail. I

Customer Question

My email account is frozen. I cannot delete or get mail. I get a message that says I have another account open. I do not know what or when this was created or if it was
Category: Email
Expert:  robmpreston replied 1 year ago.

Who is your email account provider?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Windstream
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is only on my lap top. My iPhone and iPad are ok

Okay, does this happen in an email program? What are you using?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am using windstream . I can not get emails or delete what I have gotten on my lap top. I am receiving emails on my Iphone and iPad. The problem is with my lap top. It's just frozen on the emails .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can we talk tomorrow. I am going to bed. Having a big day tomorrow . My laptop sends a message telling me that another program is open or interfering with my emails.

Yes, I'm asking what program you are using to receive the emails on your laptop. It sounds like that is the problem

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No only when I try to delete the e mails from my lap top . The emails are trying to come through but are stopped . I can see the numbers of emails and they are in the 5,000 . They will show up on my phone but not laptop. It is getting bogged down.

No, you aren't answering my question. What program/application are you using to access the mail on your laptop.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't appreciate the email you sent me with the letters and symbols. But strangely I got this last question and it was more reasonable . I'm sorry if I don't understand your questions but if I did so could probably fix it myself. Now that said:: is the program you are looking for "Microsoft Office outlook???? If not then I have no clue. I'm not computer savvy. If so was I would not be paying You!! Now if this is not correct, then I will check with someone else to find the answer to your question
Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, i'm Tim and will try and help you. So you are using microsoft office outlook on your desktop, and are needing to clear mail out, is this correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

do you have access to the web version as well? It may be easier to free up some space there. Your desktop client is freezing and wont work at all?