Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I have a hotmail email address. i dont remember the password

Customer Question

i have a hotmail email address. i dont remember the password ***** can't access it. what do i do?
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your Hotmail issue. Have you tried to reset the password ***** regain access to it? Also, can you please tell me the part of the email address before the @hotmail.com so that I can check your recovery options?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i tried password ***** and it doesn't work
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for writing back with that information. Please give me a moment to check for your recovery options. I will get back to you shortly.

Jess

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for patiently waiting. I have checked and found out that you have 2 recovery options. The first is through answer your security question and second is through an alternate @live.com email start with v_*****. Do you still have access to this email?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i'll check
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i just created a new one. how do i delete it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when i tried password ***** before i couldn't access my security questions
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, do you still have access to that***@******.***?

Also, what have you created just now? A new live.com email?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
a new live account. how do i delete it? when i try to access the old @live account it opens the new one
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

You can only delete the account when you are already signed in to it.

Can I remotely access your computer so that I can fix your issues while you watch?

Remote access is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($15) regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.

Please let me know if you want this remote option.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i'm signed in. how do i delete it?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Do you want to just SIGN OUT from the new account? Or do you want to completely delete the email account? Can you tell me what is this new account you have created?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i was trying to access an email with the new account and it didn't work. i want to delete it. it's open now. can i open the old [email protected] account if it's open?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

No, you just need to SIGN OUT from that new account that you created in order to get the SIGN IN page. Then sign in to the Old account

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
don't remember the password ***** that one either. try can't access account?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
SAYS DOES NOT RECOGNIZE***@******.***
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

I tried it and the error said that "V_IGARASHI @ LIVE.COM" does not exist. Can you please recall further as to what is your alternate email starting with "v_*****" ending with @live.com?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i'ts been so long i don't recall. [email protected] would ve logical. is there a***@******.***?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

It is showing as _ and not as -

Now, your second option is by answering your security question which is the name of your first pet. Can you answer that correctly?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
bishop
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

It says incorrect.

Can you try another answer for that security question?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
does it matter if it's lower case?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

It does not matter

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that should have been ok. try mom cat
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

The option was blocked due to several failed attempts already.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i know. what can i do now?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately, you have few options left. The first option is to wait for 24 hours for the blocked security information attempts to be lifted so that you can try entering the answer to the security question, until you will finally provide the right answer and eventually unlock the problem email account. This can take some time since after few failed attempts, you will be blocked again and will need to wait for 24 to 48 hours to be able to resume.

The second option is to contact a Hotmail moderator who is a real human being so that he or she can actually check the problem email account for you and you will just provide verification to prove your ownership of the account.

This process requires several procedures to be done and I recommend a remote access session so that it is done correctly and not compromise the problem account further.

Thank you,

Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how do i access live hotmail moderator?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

I sent you the formal offer for remote access so that I can help you recover the account by contacting a hotmail moderator. Remote access will be a faster option so that I can actually guide you in the procedures.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i'll think about it. i need to eat lunch. contact u later
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. We can resume any time when you accept the formal offer for remote access.

Thanks

Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i don't think it's worth the time and expense, thank you for your help. i'm done now
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Aiko,

Thank you for writing back and I am very sorry about the persisting issues with your Hotmail. Inasmuch as I want to help you recover your Hotmail account, I respect your decision if you leave it that way. But if you want me to further help you through contacting a hotmail moderator, even without remote access, I can do it as well. Remote access is just the faster option though. Just let me know. I will be here to assist you further and I can just describe to you the steps.

Best regards,

Jess