Email

Need Help With Email? Ask Your Email Questions Online

Email

I keep getting email going to my junk. I have reset the

Customer Question
I keep getting email going...
I keep getting email going to my junk. I have reset the settings but nothing helps. Most of them are people to whom I have sent an initial email and their response goes to junk. I have set it so that is not supposed to happen. What can I do now?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Email
11/20/2015
Email technician: John, Email Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
John, Email Support Specialist

Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you.

Ma’am Which is the operating system installed in the PC.Is it windows Xp, Windows Vista,Windows 7, windows 8, Windows 10 or any other

Do you have any anti-spam add-ins installed in outlook also have you set any rules in the outlook 2010?

When did this problem started?

Sincerely,

Note: - Please keep this conversation/Chat page opened to view my replies quickly.To reply back to me use the reply box below

Windows 7 operating system
I have AVG but not sure if that is an add in installed in outlook
yes I have rules... very many rules.
about a month ago

Thank you ma'am for the details.

Did you check whether any of these rules could redirect the emails to junk folder in outlook ?

First we can try system restore if you haven't tried it.let me know whether you had tried it or not?

Sincerely,

speaking of rules the way I have been dealing with this problem to date is whenever someone is sent to junk mail that I want to correspond with I set up rule to always sent their email to my inbox. Keeps happening with new ones though. Not sure how could check if rules are redirecting ... not all of them do it so I don't think so. My rules are usually set to get rid of Viagra and people trying to solicit sex etc.
Yes we can try system restore I guess but not sure what that is or how to do it?

Thank you for the details,I will give you the instructions to do system restore.

1.Press windows key + R key that will open system restore window in that type rstrui and press enter that will open system restore screen

2.Now in the system restore window click on next and it will show a list of restore date,select the restore date before this outlook issue started (If its not showing then select Show more restore point and it will show more restore date) once the restore date is selected click on next and then continue with restore process,then the system will restart the PC.

Once you are back on windows 7 desktop open outlook 2010 and check it.

Please let me know the result

Sincerely,

it says the backup drive is not on. It is looking for restore points on the backup drive. Make sure backup drive is connected & then click OK. WHAT does that mean?

I believe you opened back up and restore option not system restore.Close it and please try to open System restore in the following way

Click on start>>>all programs>>>Accessories>>>system tool>>>System restore.See if that also shows the same message.

Let me know.

it says last system restore was today. same window I had before. I clicked show more restore datesYou were right it was a back up I ran in june. I selected 11/11/15 even though I think the problem started before that. It is doing something now.
it is showing me two long lists of programs that might be affected... Not a very comforting looking list!!!
also It does not give me the option to do anything but close that window.

OK one moment do not continue with the process also do not close it either,May i remote access to your PC and check the issue you are facing directly. It’s secure and also you can see what all I am doing in the PC.Remote support is a additional service so it had a additional charge which you need to pay only once the issue is fixed.

Let me know so that I can give you the link to do remote support.

never mind I will see if the Geek Squad can help with this issue. I have a subscription there. Thanks.
PSI don't see why I should pay for this session since you did not answer my question.

Ma'am the reason why i offered remote support is because to avoid any mistakes.If you are not comfortable in paying for remote support i can cancel it and do the remote support without the charge.Let me know whether you wish to continue or not?

Sincerely,

Email technician: Jason Jones, Computer Technician replied 2 years ago
Jason Jones, Computer Technician

I will be the person helping you today.

I can see that you may need a little bit of extra help.

May I ask if you still need help with this problem? If so, may I start a screen sharing session on your computer and help you resolve the problem? There will not be any additional cost.

Once the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate via a chat window on your computer.

Thank you,
Jason

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist