Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

My old instagram account was set up with an email address I

Customer Question

My old instagram account was set up with an email address I no longer can get access to as it has been replaced with a new email address and I have a new Instagram account with the new email. Is there anyway of retrieving the old email address so I can get the reset password ***** in order for me to shut down the old instagram account?
Category: Email
Expert:  Joel replied 1 year ago.

Hi Georgia and Welcome. I'm Joel and I look forward to assisting you today with your question. What was the old email account and how did it get replaced?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The old email was***@******.***
The company changed the name and updated the email address to***@******.***
Expert:  Joel replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Georgia. I think there are two things you could try here. I have checked and the company still seems to own both domains. If you send an email to your old amcor.com address does it come through to your new ororagroup.com address? I know sometimes the company will setup aliases so old email still is directed to the new account. You could also contact the company It support and find out or see if they can do anything to forward any email received on the old account to your new ororagroup.com address. Failing that would be to contact instagram directly and see if they can manually shutdown your old instagram account for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks yes I contacted the company help desk and they cannot do anything as the ororagroup email took over it. No I am not getting any amcor emails being forwarded to the ororagroup one. I have sent Instagram a message but they said to come to aol.com
Expert:  Joel replied 1 year ago.

Sorry Georgia, I've found this buried in the instagram support pages:

If you've forgotten your password ***** lost access to your email account, we're unable to release the Instagram account to you. This includes accounts registered with mistyped email addresses.

We understand this can be frustrating, but this policy is meant to make sure Instagram accounts don't fall into the wrong hands.

The only thing you could try is to contact them again and state you do not use AOL, its a company email. But I think unless you can remember what your old password ***** I don't think you will be able to regain access to the old account in order to shut it down unfortunately.

Expert:  Joel replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if i can help with anything else