Viet - Email Tech
Viet - Email Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

I have an iPad running iOS 9.1 and suddenly my email cannot

Customer Question

Hi. I have an iPad running iOS 9.1 and suddenly my email cannot connect to the server. Error message says user name or password ***** ***** I've checked and doubled checked and re-entered. I've also deleted the email account and added it back fresh. Please help.
Thanks, Curt
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me please Curt which email service the iPad is connecting to? eg: gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail?

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi. It's difficult to tell. It is an IMAP account. That's all I can see.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, tell me your email address and I know

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
XXXX
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, click on my link below and tell me please if you can sign in there

https://login.comcast.net/login?s=portal&continue=http://xfinity.comcast.net/?cid=xfinityconnecttocomcastnet

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I cannot. But I have not changed my login since the last time I was in that account and since I was able to receive emails on my iPad. I'm still receiving them on my iMac and iPhone just fine.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, but if you cannot sign in there then the password ***** are using at the moment is wrong.

Your mac and iPhone will be using a different password.

You have to reset your password ***** this is the issue.

Use this link to do this

http://www.xfinity.com/password

Once done, go back to the link I just gave and tell me if you can then sign in please.

Then we proceed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. I've been using the same password ***** all three and it was working perfectly. What changed?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

No, you cannot reset the password ***** you will not?

As if you will not I will have to opt out of working with you as there is no point continuing as this is a password *****

Please let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I'm saying it doesn't make sense to me that I should have to reset my password ***** because I have not done anything to require it to be reset and I've been using the same password ***** all three devices. Sorry, I don't understand the why.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, no problem, I will opt out of working with you further as I see no point in continuing (as it is a password ***** as it says your password ***** ***** but your not willing to reset it)

you do not need to do anything, if an expert takes over you will be notified.

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have a good day.
Expert:  Viet - Email Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. I'm another tech. I will try to help you with this.

- On the iPad, please press and hold both the Power (On / Off) button and the Home button (which is located right below the screen) together for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears, then wait a bit, then check.

- Are you currently able to sign in your Comcast email address with your Comcast email password ***** the Comcast website below (on the computer and/or iPad and/or iPhone):

http://www.comcast.net/

Note: Password ***** *****

- If yes, on the iPad, can you please go to App Store, then type/search for xfinity connect then install the XFINITY Connect app and use it for your comcast email.

- If no, it looks like you got the wrong password. Or once in awhile for security purpose, Comcast wants you to change your comcast account password ***** the comcast.net website for some devices. If needed, I can connect remotely to your computer and check / confirm your comcast email password ***** through your computer together with you.

Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you for your patience.