Richard, Email Systems Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

My aol sent out a bogus email to all my contacts. How to

Customer Question

my aol sent out a bogus email to all my contacts. How to fix? ***@******.***
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

This means someone has entered your account and taken your list of contacts.

First, change your password ***** your AOL account to stop any further access. To do this

1. Sign in to your account information here http://account.aol.com/
  2. Next, answer your Account Security Question.

If you forgot the answer to your Security Question, click Forgot Answer on the Security Question page to reset it.

Make the answer to your Account Security Question difficult to guess, too! It's your second line of defense. If you can, use a mix of letters and numbers in the answer to your Account Security Question.

3. Click Change Your Password in the General Account Information section.

4. Enter your Old Password, and your desired New Password. Re-enter your new password ***** confirm. The strength indicator will let you know how strong your new password ***** Click Save to finish the process.

This will stop any further access, then tell your contacts to ignore the bogus email for you as your account was hacked.

This will then stop this from occurring again, just make sure to set a complex password *****: if it is ilovepizza, then use il0v3pizz@ instead

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

Else let me know the results please.