Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

In Outlook 2016 running on Win 10, I get this periodic error

Customer Question

In Outlook 2016 running on Win 10, I get this periodic error message: "could not locate the specified server. Please verify the server name is correct". punching "OK" make sthe message disappear for a while. Outlook functions, to all appearances normally. ????
Category: Email
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 1 year ago.

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer. May i connectw ith you remotely to fix this? Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no. call me at(###) ###-####

Unfortunately, i cannot call. Since this is a technical issue; would be best to troubleshoot via question/answer or remote.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok question/answer

Who is your e-mail with and what are the current imap/pop and smtp settings (including the port, ssl)?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Optimum dont knw the settings

You can check it from the account properties.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
beyond my capablities can you point me in the right direction/ if not, cancel the charge

If you want i can connect remotely and do this all by myself. You'll be able to see what i am doing; of course i can give you the steps (detailed) but it'll just take more of your time with steps and steps. I can request your refund, that is not an issue. BUT if you leave it as it is, you may eventually need to take it to a tech store to get it fixed which i can do as well here.