Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Since at&t has totally messed up my email when selling out…

Customer Question
since at&t has totally messed...
since at&t has totally messed up my email when selling out to frontier my sbcglobal.net password ***** not connect
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Email
11/9/2015
Email technician: Richard, Email Systems Specialist replied 2 years ago
Richard, Email Systems Specialist

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me please exactly how you access your emails? Via your web browser and if so which one?

And I need to know please the exact error you receive.

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,

the error reads FPWDRD07 since AT&T sold we switched carriers I can receive mail on cell phone but not on computer because it runs thru Yahoo with is attached to AT&T
decline remote access

Thanks

I need to know please which internet browser you use

Mozilla

Thanks

As a test, can you open Internet Explorer and try to access your emails with this. Its not the solution it just tells me if the issue is browser related.

Please let me know.

I have tried an it still gets taken over by AT&T

sorry what do you mean by it gets taken over by AT&T?

yahoo will pop up to sign in .then the page will turn into at&t yahoo then the error code .I called them and they say I'm not an at&t client. AT&T is no longer so of course i'm not

This happens before you are even trying to sign in correct? You are just going to the page.

No i start to sign in. then it says my id and password ***** invalid. then you go to the forgot password ***** and thats when this all begins

Can you tell me the email address please

keep in mind my I phone receives mail at that address

what is your last name?

hennessey

ok, for me it seems to be ok.

Is this the link you are using to reset the password?

https://www.att.com/olam/unauth/fpwdEnterUserId.myworld

on which step do you get the error?

I get the FPW erro

yes I saw, but on which step when resetting the password?

after i put in last name and hit enter

ok, I am not getting the error then so looks like it is with your local server there.

Would you like me to reset the password ***** you here?

sometimes it will ask secret question answer and some not

I am not getting the error then so looks like it is with your local server there.

you can try but will it allow me to reset it

sorry I do not understand what you mean with the last message.

if you put in a password ***** I be able to change it so it is secure

ill try now to reset it for you

I do not believe so as the issue would then be the server in your area, but we can first see if we can change it, then I can ask you offlline for the password ***** use.

ok
we have a new server thu. I can't get AT&T off the laptop

AT&T own SBCGlobal so you have to use them

what is the answer to the two questions?

diver stonier

ok, it did not accept it, its hobby and best friend

thats correct

ok, thats the cause for the error, the answers you give are not correct.

On the page when you get the (FPWDRD07) error (which is the error code for incorrect answers) you have the chat window in the bottom right

Click that and have the password ***** this way.

Let me know the results please

I will try that again

Ok, as unless you can get the answers correct, it will not let you reset the password ***** only via AT&T

Let me know the results please

I have used the same answers for 9 years

ok... I can only explain the situation and that is it has on file different answers to your questions then your giving. Possible the account was accessed and it was changed, though then the password ***** be changed as well usually and the phone would stop receiving emails.

all it does is redirect me to email support and says that I do not have an account with at&t
my phone and ipad get mail

you need to click the Questions? Chat live window bottom right

I did and it redirects me to support which says I do not have an active account with at&t

I get to the chat window.

I am going to opt out of working with you now as I cannot help you any further. Its working for me, and I get no message about not having an account, so I am not sure what you are doing. You also rejected the additional service, so I cannot see this.

You do not need to do anything, an expert will notify you if they take over your case.

Thanks.

That doesn't make since.....I pay you to make things up. I used the service 3 other times with no problems
Richard, Email Systems Specialist