Email

Need Help With Email? Ask Your Email Questions Online

Email

My email address is. I'm sending email to and she is not

Customer Question
My email address is***@******.***....
My email address is***@******.***. I'm sending email to***@******.*** and she is not receiving my emails. This has been going on for some time now. Can you explain what is happening?
Thanks,
Helen Roppel
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Email
11/9/2015
Email technician: A. Stevens, Computer Engineer replied 2 years ago
A. Stevens
A. Stevens, Computer Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help you with this issue.

Is it possible to have your friend check their spam folder on their email?

If your friend finds your email in their spam folder then they will need to unblock your email address.

She just checked and I'm not in her spam folder. She did, however, find an email I sent her but it was only to her. It appears that messages sent to a group in which she is a part, she isn't receiving. She then checked her phone and my message to the group was on her phone but it isn't appearing on her computer. Her phone carrier is Virgin Mobile which is connected to Yahoo. Very puzzling. Can you help?

I can but your friend will have to check where those messages are going in her computer. Ask your friend if there are any folders that group messages go in their email.

She only receives a notice in her "IN" box that she has a message. She doesn't have a folder for "Group" messages. The only time they go into a folder is if she saves the email to a folder.

Are you positive that uour sending your friend an email and not a text message?

Absolutely positive. I only recall sending her one text message in my life.

If she is receiving messages that are only sent to her, but not receiving group messages in her email, I would think that the contact information for your friend inside the group message may be incorrect. For example when you email get directly you use her email address. But when you send a message to the group, the group must be configured correctly to go to the people you want it to.

Basically I think that the group messaging must be checked to make sure that the email addresses are correct

Do you know who set up the group messages?

I checked several times and the email address is the same whether I am sending a single message to her or sending a message to her within a group. The email does not change.

Interesting...

And you've never received any error messages after sending an email?

Please have your friend follow the steps on the following link

http://m.windowscentral.com/how-set-and-manage-greylists-outlookcom

Its the only thing I can think of, that her email is blocking the group emails for some reason.

No error messages received. I had no idea she wasn't getting my messages until last week. I sent a message yesterday to a number of people (not a group). I selected each recipient separately and she was one of the receipients selected. She didn't get the message from me. One of the girls responded to all and she got that message and found out I had sent the original message.

She'll have to add everyong on the group message as a ​Safe Sender.

Can you ask her to try?

I doubt this is the problem, because she is receiving group messages from other people and I'm the only one she has a problem with. How do you add someone as a safe sender? I can ask her to do this but one of the groups she is in comprises over 50 people. She doesn't receive emails from the smaller groups that I send her either.

Ask her to start with you email address, the steps with pictures can be found at the following link:

I'm sure she won't be able to do this until tomorrow. How will I communicate with you that this has been accomplished and tested?

Simply bookmark this page or check the email that you registered with.

A. Stevens
A. Stevens
A. Stevens, Computer Engineer