Richard, Email Systems Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

We use Gmail here at our office, and up until today, I could

Customer Question

We use Gmail here at our office, and up until today, I could go back in my various client files and see when and where certain emails went out. Now, I'm only being shown what has been sent today ... all my past emails and documents are GONE!!! PLEASE HELP!
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me how you access Gmail, via your web browser?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Through the internet or, yes, via web browser.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is this an uncommon occurrence?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thanks,

Somehow they were deleted by someone, its not common but people can do it by accident.

Can you go to the Trash in Gmail as they should be there (it is listed there on the left) and check for them there.

Let me know if you find them please.

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thanks,

Let me know if you find them please.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Can you please return to your question here

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried that, but I'm only getting mail from yesterday and today ... I have emails in there from a year ago, and this is really serious!
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Ok, then you will need to use the recovery request.

Use this link to get there please

https://support.google.com/mail/contact/missingemails?rd=1

complete the form and allow 48 hours for the emails to be returned to the account.

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you