Gary Jensen
Gary Jensen,
Experience:  Functional Systems Administrator at Hill Air Force Base, OO-ALC/309SMXG
13452844

I am not getting some of the emails people are sending from

Customer Question

I am not getting some of the emails people are sending from one business location. What is happening?
Category: Email
Expert:  Gary Jensen replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I am going to need some more information to help me understand the issue better: What operating system is your computer running? How long have you been using thunderbird? In that time, have you ever been able to receive emails from the business location in question? Is it only one location that seems to be affected? Can you also provide me the version of Thunderbird you are using (usually found under Help>About drop-down menu item).

I look forward to your reply and continuing with the solution.

Gary

Hi, this is Gary from JustAnswer. Just checking back to see if you still require my assistance. I am anxious to help!

Thank You.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What operating system is your computer running? I have a Mac - 10.10.5
How long have you been using thunderbird? 2008 Currently using Thunderbird 38.3.0
In that time, have you ever been able to receive emails from the business location in question? Yes, this is just a recent problem... last 3-4 months.
Is it only one location that seems to be affected? There is only one location that places orders.

Ok, can you tell me what email provider you have thunderbird configured to connect with? Is there a web interface you could use to check these emails? If you can, I would like to see if your see the same issue (missed emails from a certain location) in your email provider's native application/ web client. I am trying to rule out Thunderbird: If you just aren't getting the emails in any of the applications/email interfaces your email provider has available, then we will be looking at the connection between the businesses email server and your email server. Otherwise we will be looking at the way Thunderbird is configured.

Let me know if you can connect to your inbox another way.

Thanks,

Gary

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
server is: imap.comcast.net
I can check them against comcast online.
It may be the connection between the business.
I have currently set up a gmail and there is a delay in receiving emails through them.