Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

My computer wants a password alternate email that I 't use.

Customer Question

My computer wants a password ***** an alternate email that I don't use. I have win. 10. I need to know if you can get around this so I don't lose all of my files and pictures. I have always used firefox as a browser and yahoo.com as my home page.
Please advise,
Van Rathbun ***@******.***
alternate email is***@******.***
Category: Email
Expert:  Michael Norman replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is, Mike. I'd like to try and assist you with your issue. First I am assuming the issue is when you boot your computer you are taken to the Windows 10 login screen and that is where you are having your issues. In order to use Windows you have to have a Microsoft account, which it appears you have but used the alternate email rather than your current email. So even though your alternate email appears as the user ID you need to use the password ***** was used when you setup your Microsoft account. If you do not remember what it is you can use the Microsoft online tools to help you reset it. Once you reset it reboot your computer and then logon using the new password ***** created on the Microsoft account. Your computer will connect to Microsoft to verify the information and then allow you to login to your computer.

Go to the link below and click on the blue words "Can't access your account?" located under the blue "Sign In" button.

https://login.live.com