Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

Early this week I tried to send a message to a rathe large

Customer Question

Early this week I tried to send a message to a rathe large number of educators from my list of contacts. My message was blocked for most of the recipients probably by the Gmail spam filter. Then I could not send any more messages because I had reached my limit on emails for a 24 hour period. Now I want to send a large group of emails again. How can I prevent being blocked?
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues.

When you send bulk emails like Newsletter to Gmail or using your Gmail, it may be wrongly detected by Gmail as a SPAM email or your email account be tagged by other mail servers especially Gmail recipients (the email servers of your contacts) as a spammer account which will end up your emails to be sent to their SPAM or BULK mail folder or being blocked. So to avoid this to happen, you need to send an email to fewer recipients like 50 persons at a time with an hour interval. This is to avoid your email account from being tagged as spamming. If you are using Gmail to send out an email to a lot of people, you also have a sending limit of 500 emails in 24 hours to ensure that your email account is safe and won't be blocked due to violation of Gmail's terms of use.

If you are needed or required to send bulk emails to a lot of people, like newsletters, I highly recommend that you use a third party mailing service. Their email servers are technically configured for mass mailing and that your Gmail account when used with this third party mailing service will not be tagged as a SPAM. This is basically intended for mass mailing like newsletters. With this mailing system, you will enjoy a lot of features like tracking of people indeed got your emails and if they opened them or just sent them to their spam folder.

The mailing system that I am referring to is MailChimp. It is FREE to use MailChimp when you send 12,000 emails in one month and if you store less than 2000 contacts. If you store more than 2000 contacts, then there is a minimal fee.

Please click on this link to get started with MailChimp:
http://mailchimp.com/

I hope that helped.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess