Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

The strangest thing has been happening since yesterday i

Customer Question

hi there the strangest thing has been happening since yesterday i cannot open google search engine when i type www.google.com ... a page opens up where it says "safari can't open the page www.google.com because safari can't establish a secure connection!" how is that possible? i urgently need some help as i use google for everything and i need it for my work. please kindly help me
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your search engine issues. But are you able to access other websites and the only site that won't load is google.com?

This is a known "certificate" issue so to verify if it is indeed an issue with certificate handling in your Safari, please try the following:

1. If you have another web browser like Firefox or Chrome, please use them and access www.googl.com and see if Google loads without a problem.
  2. If you have no alternate web browsers there, then in your Safari, test if other "secure" sites are not loading as well. Try accessing www.twitter.com.

Please let me know your results in doing the steps above by replying to me here so that I can help you further. A rating is only required when we are finished.

Best regards,
Jess