Email

Need Help With Email? Ask Your Email Questions Online

Email

My LapTop has Locked and I have tried a password but it does

Customer Question
My LapTop has Locked and...
My LapTop has Locked and I have tried a password ***** it does not accept it.I am using my tablet at the moment because I have not got another computer,l have tried account.live.com but they will not accept my email and I have tried two,but still does not accept them, if I do not find an solution to this I will get another computer.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Email
9/21/2015
Email technician: Viet - Email Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Viet - Email Tech
Viet - Email Tech, Computer Support Specialist

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the model of your laptop?

Does it have windows 7 or 8 or 10, etc.?

Does it show a username or name at the password ***** login screen?

Does it show an email address at the password ***** login screen? If yes, is that your email address? And/or do you have access to that email address or not?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

It's a Lenovo LapTop, and I was installing Windows 10, at the bottom left its got two things one being my full name, and the other is my full name and underneath it's got it's got my full name with @tlktalk.net that's my broadband supplier.
Do you currently have access to that @talktalk.net email address? i.e., are you currently able to use that talktalk email address at the TalkTalk website talktalk.co.uk on your tablet?
or is it okay to reset the laptop fresh, so you can re-set it up fresh with a new password ***** want? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
It won't let me do anything at all, it's locked.
I'm sorry, yes, I know; I'm asking if you are able to access that talktalk email address at the TalkTalk website talktalk.co.uk on your tablet, not on your laptop.
And/or is it okay to reset the laptop fresh, so you can re-set it up fresh with a new password ***** want?
I have not tried it yet, I'm sorry but I got to go out and I won't be back in till 1.30 , I wouldn't know how to do that on my tablet. The battery in my tablet is running low so I have got to have to charge it.

I'm sorry. Can you charge it while using the tablet? Can you please try the following when you are available:

Solution 1:

- On the tablet, go to the website http://www.talktalk.co.uk/mail then see if you can sign in and use that talktalk email address there. If yes, then please reset the Microsoft account password ***** that talktalk email address at the website https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx on the tablet then see if you can enter the new password ***** the laptop.

Solution 2:

- If that does not work, please try the followings on the laptop:

1. At the password ***** login screen, press and keep holding the Shift key on the keyboard.
  2. Click on the Power icon, then click on the option Restart while still holding the Shift key.
  3. When a menu appears, then you can release the Shift key.
  4. When prompted, click on the Troubleshoot option.
  5. Then select the option Reset PC, and continue.
    When prompted, select the option "Remove everything", and continue.

Solution 3:

- If all fails, please try the following on the laptop:

1. At the password ***** login screen, click on the Ease of Access icon
  2. Then click on the On-Screen Keyboard option.
  3. Click on the Power icon, then click on the option Restart.

When you are back, please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.

Viet - Email Tech
Viet - Email Tech