remoteITpro
remoteITpro, Consultant
Experience:  Have worked with computers since 1983. Have worked professionally for a living with computers since 1988.
71201960

I have been trying to get an e-mail account laptop computer

Customer Question

I have been trying to get an e-mail account for my laptop computer while maintaining my wife's account on her computer. I have been given an account name and password ***** Bell.net while my wife's account is with sympatico.ca. I have talking with one of your support people about this but cannot re-establish communication with them. I am an extreme novice when it comes to computers (my kids call me computer illiterate) so I am out of my depth with all this. I have an account with your organization but have been unable to get enough support to resolve this issue. I hope that I have been charged for this non-existent help.
Category: Email
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That should read NOT BEEN CHARGED for this non-service.
Expert:  remoteITpro replied 2 years ago.

Hello.
I would like to try to help with the problem you are having.
My normal remote support hours are evenings and weekends Eastern Standard Time. M-F 6pm to 12am. 24x7 on Saturdays and Sundays to Sunday 12 midnight.
- I must advise - that it is highly advisable that you have a complete image level backup before attempting anything to resolve a problem situation. Especially one like this. I can advise you on a relatively affordable image backup solution if you would like. If you are not concerned about any files or configuration, then we can proceed anyway. Let me know if you would like the info on the backup that I recommend.

In your specific case, I have some significant experience in dealing with email issues. It is likely we are going to need to do a phone call and a remote session to resolve your issue, and that will cost extra. But, we can try to get it resolved together with just the JA(JustAnswer) chat/email. We can cross the bridge of phone/remote support if needed later. First, if you want to proceed I will be asking you for some more background information.

-- remoteITpro

Hello. This is remoteITpro, I am responding to your question on JustAnswer about: your question about adding an email account to a laptop. I'd like to help you with this problem. Please return to JustAnswer.com and respond. --Best Regards, remoteITpro