Email

Need Help With Email? Ask Your Email Questions Online

Email

I use MSN.com email service. I am a salesman, and have

Customer Question
I use MSN.com for my...
I use MSN.com for my email service. I am a salesman, and have subscribed to an e-fax service so my customers can reach me where ever. It has worked beautifully for several years. As I understand it my e-mail service AirCom out of Provo, UT gets the faxes and then sends them to your server to be sent to me. As of August I have stopped receiving them from Microsoft. They can track them to your server but they do not come to me, so I have has to set up another account with another server, but I prefer Microsoft. Can you tell me what has happened?
My email address is***@******.*** and my normal emails service is provided by Century Link, and is working beautifully.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Email
9/16/2015
Email technician: Richard Hall, Server and client Support all platforms replied 2 years ago
Richard Hall
Richard Hall, Server and client Support all platforms

Ron,

I understand your issue. Perhaps they have been marked as spam on accident and they are going to your spam folder. This would be a good place to start to see wherein the problem lies.

Just to clarify, the fax is forwarded to your msn address and no changes have been made as of yet?

Ron,

I noticed a new message. We can work within the original question to get to the solution.

Century link is your provider, i understand, but the e-fax service is using the msn address to forward the fax to via email correct?

Are you accessing your email via the web or are you using an email client? We need to determine if the transmission is successful and received by the mail server, which you think it is.

Do you have the ability to login to your email service that is sending the faxes?

What we can probably do is send a test fax and trace it and I can tell if it's getting kicked back at the server level, if it's going out.

The time period can be important. If an SSL certificate expires, it can cause this to happen amongst other things.

If you can get in to the service that would be great. I've used similar services for years, and that will be the best place to start.

In order to expedite, you can let me know when your availability is going to be and I can manage around your schedule.

Thanks,

I was hoping to find out how to get my emails back with MSN and for that I haven't gotten an answer so I guess I'll just continue to use yahoo, and for that I don't feel I got my monies worth

I think it's a problem with timing. We seem to be on at different times. I will opt out and open to another expert that perhaps will be available during your schedule.

If it is just a matter of accessing MSN email, then that shouldn't be an issue, I thought it was specific to only the faxes.

You have not been charged for my time.

Email technician: Josh, Computer Enthusiast replied 2 years ago
Josh, Computer Enthusiast

Hi!

If Microsoft has marked their company to be "spam" then the emails will not go through correctly. The issue with situations like this are that each provider will blame each other: Microsoft will blame the e-Fax company and vice versa.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as EXCELLENT, GOOD, or OK and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Can we get together tomorrow after noon after about 1:00PM MST, I'd like to get this fixed

Sure, please reply back here when you are free tomorrow.

Josh, Computer Enthusiast