Dustin, Email Specialist
Experience:  Specializing in Thunderbird, Eudora, Outlook, Outlook for Mac, Mac Mail, Windows Live mail, Incredimail and a few others! Also Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

My phone will not accept emails from my gmail account or my

Customer Question

my phone will not accept emails from my gmail account or my Hotmail since everything changed, it says server will not accept. failed to sign in.
Category: Email
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

To get started, please define what name brand and model of phone you are using. Also, is it an Android, Iphone, Windows phone, old CDMA flipphone?

Thank you in advance for your patience, and response.

Dustin S.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Android Galaxy Note Edge 4 atnt
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It just. Won't sign into emails since outlook took over..says server has changed and I don't have passwords
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I've tried to change passwords but never worked
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Server password ***** changed for each account.***@******.******@******.***
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Also***@******.***
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My computer won't sync says outlook not installed, but I did
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for the information. I tried accepting your request for a phone call, but it seems it wont allow me to accept the request. *possible billing issue*

With that being said, Ive got a simple test Id like you to try. First, focusing on the hotmail account.

If you install the free Outlook app onto your android phone. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.microsoft.office.outlook

And then once installed.. If you open the outlook app. And then add your hotmail account and password. Will the outlook app allow you to receive and send hotmail messages?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Web page not available
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.

How about if you search the google play store from your phone.

Search for microsoft outlook .. You should see a free app you can download. Once you find it in the play store. Install it.

Then open the app and run it, and try to access your hotmail account inside the outlook app. Can you?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have outlook app installed, but my phone periodically syncs all my emails and that's what is not working, the app works
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
keeps asking for the new server password, which I never created
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.

Ok, so we know for certain then, that the account can and does work on your phone.

Now,lets discuss whats not working.. When you say your phone periodically syncs all your emails. How does it sync them?

Are you using the phones built in mail app?

Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.

Or are you using any third party software such as companion sync, etc ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's a device option on phone settings, it. Refreshes every 15 min so you know if you have any new emails from all your accounts
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.

Understood. Thats the built in mail function. Lets try the following.. As this wont delete any of the messages store in your hotmail or gmail server.

1. Go to your phone’s main settings.
  2. Tap on “Accounts & Sync” or something along those lines.
  3. Tap on the Gmail account you want to remove.
  4. Press menu and then “remove account.”
  5. Now remove the hotmail account the same way.

Once both are removed. Restart the phone. And then go back to accounts and add the gmail account first.

And after you have added it, add the hotmail account next. Refreshing the accounts should get them working again.

Let me know if you get stuck or run into any issues.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I havent heard back from you since I sent the previous suggestion at 4:18 pm.

Did you run into any issues? Did the suggestions work? Please respond when you can.

Dustin S.