Email

Need Help With Email? Ask Your Email Questions Online

Email

I send a daily study of about 1,000 word to about 200 former

Customer Question
Hi, I send a daily...
Hi, I send a daily study of about 1,000 word to about 200 former students. I have five groups and about forty names in each group. My studies have been going out without a problem until this morning. All of them have bounced back and now I can't send any emails for 24 hours. What did I do wrong, I am frantic to get these studies out to my students. Can you help?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Email
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/2/2015
Email technician: Jason Jones, Computer Technician replied 2 years ago
Jason Jones, Computer Technician

I am the person that will be helping you today.

I must ask a question or two before we begin. Thank you in advance for taking the time to answer.

Who is your e-mail provider? Please, do not enter your full email address. If you do that, it will be blocked. For that reason, please tell me what comes after the @ sign.

Which program do you use to access your email (Outlook, Mac Mail, Entourage, Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc)?

Are you given any sort of error message when you attempt to send?

Thank you,
Jason

I use gmail on explore the error message simply says it can not be sent.

Thank you for the update. Are you able to send any emails at all? Please, send yourself a test email and see if that comes through.

No it says I can not send emails for 24 hours, but I can receive emails. My literary agent sent an importate message and i can not respond to him. My respose just bounces back.

They limit the number of emails you can send per day, to 500. After you reach the 500 mark, they will disable all outgoing emails for 24 hours.

In your case, being that you send this information to the same list of people, you may want to consider using Google Groups. Using Google Groups, you can send the message once, to the Group. Once you do that, everyone in the Google Group will receive the message. Google Groups is found on the following page: http://groups.google.com On the aforementioned page, you can click the Create a Group button. It will then ask for the list of people that you wish to add to the group.

I do use Google Groups and I do not exceed 500 emails. I only exceed it this time as I tried to resend my five groups which all bounced back. I understand will get my ability to send emails back after 24 hours, but why can I not send out my groups like I have been doing, why did they all bounce back?

I cannot answer that for you. Google may have incorrectly recognized your account to be sending out spam emails. I am sorry, but Google has no way to speed up that 24 hour wait time.

Will I be able to send to my groups tomorrow? Why was my emails blocked today before I even sent them out? If they are saying I am sending spam how do I correct that?

You will be able to send emails as soon as the 24 hour mark is reached. I do not know why they were blocked. Often times, they attribute something like this to a simple error in the Gmail system. When this Gmail 'hiccup' passes, you shouldn't have any more problems.

Then you are saying everything should be normal tomorrow? Am I doing anything wrong? I use google groups, I have no more than forty addresses in each group and I send out no more than 400 emails a day. I have been using this account for three months with no problem. Is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening again?

I can only imagine that maybe you sent some of the 400 emails later in the day yesterday. This would mean that you have sent them in the last 24 hours.

I keep a close tab on the emails I send, I did not exceed 500 emails. I can live without sending emails today, my concern and the reason I am paying for this help is to prevent this from happening again. If after 24 hours I try to send the groups out again and they bounce back are you capable of addressing this problem. If not where do I go to address this problem?

You can come right back here, if the problem still exists.

Will I get you or will I be starting all over paying another $42. I am afraid I really do not understand how this site operates. It talks like a membership but I am not clear if it is $42 a question or not.

You will get me. Just come back to this page. You can also click the email that the site sent to you. It will bring you back here.

Ok hopefully you will need to hear from me and this was all just a hiccup.

Thank you. I look forward to your rating of my help on this page.

Jason Jones, Computer Technician