Email

Need Help With Email? Ask Your Email Questions Online

Email

I need to get a gmail password without having to reset it

Customer Question
I need to get a...
I need to get a gmail password ***** having to reset it can you help?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Email
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/2/2015
Email technician: Richard, Email Systems Specialist replied 2 years ago
Richard, Email Systems Specialist

Hi there and welcome

When you set up the account, did you specify an alternative email address or cell phone with the account?

but i need the password ***** go to my shaw email and i have changed my cell number since and forgot to set it up with gmail.

so the Shaw email is the secondary email account?

It is***@******.***, my gmail account is linked to my husbands email address***@******.*** we share it.
I remember the old password ***** was burnaby77
Are you there?

ok, can you then choose the option for Google to send the code to your husbands email account if this is linked to yours as it would give this option?

yes, I am here please allow a minute for me to reply

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,

No. I think he is cheating on me and i just want to see for sure.

ok, you have to do the reset, its the only way sorry.

Else the whole security of gmail would be floored

But, do you both use the same computer? and is the computer yours?

I don't want him to know i am looking through his emails. He changed our password ***** didn't tell me.

yes, but I asked, do you both use the same computer? and is the computer yours?

The computer is mine.

ok, and do you both use the same computer?

We used to that is how i knew the password. He is being secretive and changed the password ***** me.

ok, so he now uses his own computer?

Can you help or No? Yes

if he uses his own computer you will not be able to gain access to his account without resetting the password

If you both shared the computer we could have done something.

ok thanks bye.

Can I assist you with anything else?

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Richard, Email Systems Specialist