Viet - Email Tech
Viet - Email Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

I received an email telling me I am a winner of Five Hundred

Customer Question

I received an email telling me I am a winner of Five Hundred Thousand United States Dollars with Microsoft-Surface Pro 3 laptop by Gmail Corporation, in conjunction with Microsoft Windows. They collect all the Gmail addresses of the people that are active online from the Gmail directory; among the people that subscribed to Gmail and various Microsoft Windows users, they only select five people as their winners, without the winner applying and their congratulating me on being one of them. The letter also says, "Note we don't respond to forwarding email, you have to submit your details to the email above." They want me to give them some information , 1.my full name 2.contact address 3.age 4.phone number 5.sex 6. occupation 7. state 8. country and the contact email address is***@******.***
Category: Email
Expert:  Viet - Email Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. That is a scam; please delete that email message. Hackers sent fake email messages in order to get your personal information in order to do fraud. Also, you would never win anything if you have not even entered the contest yourself. You should always ignore any email message that you do not know or that you are not expecting.

Do you have any further question?

Please reply at the box below. thank you.