Email

Need Help With Email? Ask Your Email Questions Online

Email

Google account: My email application Firefox and iphone's

Customer Question
mail both connect to my...
Google account: My email application Firefox and iphone's mail both connect to my gmail account. But I can not connect with a browser to my account BECAUSE my phone and my wifes backup phones are not receiving the verification codes. I have Google authenticator and that is not generating valid codes.. Whats the solution because I can get Google to help me. Do I need to go through their rescue procedure... but I don't want to loose what is still working, namely my firefox and iphones mailer
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Email
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/31/2015
Email technician: Dustin, Email Specialist replied 2 years ago
Dustin, Email Specialist
Experience: Specializing in Thunderbird, Eudora, Outlook, Outlook for Mac, Mac Mail, Windows Live mail, Incredimail and a few others! Also Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

When you say your email application firefox. Do you mean the thunderbird program? And if so, is it installed on a mac or PC ?

Browsers in general! I can't login into my google account from a browser but my mail apps getting my mail on my pc using firefox and on my iphone mail. The 2 step verification code which is set to send to my iphone is being received.
i don't want to go through a restore of my google account because gmail is still open to my mail apps
but I can't get a response from google.. as we chat i'm waiting for a phone call to google to pickup

Question.

When you say you can get your mail on your pc using firefox. Firefox is a browser. Did you mean t hunderbird.

Or do you mean firefox. If you mean firefox. Then we should be able to use firefox to access your account settings page and then review and make the needed changes.

So can you clarify what you mean specifically when you say you "get mail on your pc using firefox"

correction: the 2 step verification code is NOT being received by my mobile phone

im overseas i can't call you because your phone field doesn't accept my number
give me a numb er I can call you on skype

Thats an automatic offer from the website. Please ignore it, and try to answer the question Ive asked you in the last two messages Ive sent.

Thank you,

Dustin S.

this is nothing to do with the browsers accept that this is the medium for logging into Google accounts.
do you know anything about fixing 2 step verification on Google accounts?

I cant help you, If you dont answer the questions Im asking you, instead of second guessing whether or not I know how to fix the issue.

This is the third time Ive posted these same questions, and I am awaiting your answer.

When you say you can get your mail on your pc using firefox. Firefox is a browser. Did you mean thunderbird.

I can connect to my email with thunderbird
my iphone's mailer also connects
but every so often I need to login to my google account and I can't otherwise

Ok, what happens if you try to go to this page, using firefox ..

https://accounts.google.com/SmsAuthConfig

And sign in using your normal google / gmail password. Not any of your old Auth codes..

hold on with give it a shot

O.K~ I'll be here.

ok that's the login site.. next page will be the password ***** then it announces that its sending the verification WHICH my phone never receives... suppose to be a SMS message.. it worked when the account was setup so why now it isn't is so annoying.

Question. When you set up the account and 2 step. Were you in a different country then you are located in now?

no
google is listing my number.... you can see the last two digits and they are correct

Instead of trying to sign into the gmail portal. Can you sign in here?

https://myaccount.google.com/

( Using a PC, preferably the windows pc with firefox)

ok this is a new location... it has some alternate options.. I don't know if you want to hang on as I read through them and figure out what's my best opportunity

Take your time. The sign in and security section may be where we want to start..

D.S

actually yes i've been on these pages before and you end up at feed back as the only option and of course google never responds I've been at this on and off for a month
in this case they tell you to login and change the account to fix the problem????? but I can't login
oh and it tells me to use the google authenticator app which i use and get told they are invalid codes when I enter them

When you were on the page I mentioned. Then you clicked sign in and security.

Did it ask you for your account password *****?

you end up with google recognizing the account and password ***** unable to take me any further than a feed back page.
Dustin this seems an endless loop.. .and you're just as stumped as I am... thanks for the support but I see no alternatives

Not quite stumped.. Just trying to work through the google 2 step maze.

If you would prefer, I can connect to your computer from here. And then try to go through the needed steps for you, on screen.

i'm out of time on this session I have to run

Understood.

D.S

Dustin, Email Specialist