Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

How do I get on email I forgot password

Customer Question

How do I get on email I forgot password
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your email issues. Before I can provide detailed solution to your email problem, please tell me the following:

1. Are you using a computer with Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 or 10?
  2. What email service are you using: Gmail? Hotmail? Yahoo Mail? AOL? or others?
  3. How do you access your email: using a web browser like Internet Explorer, Safari or Chrome? Or are you using an email program like MS Outlook 2010?

Please let me know so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
iPhone not sure not sure don't understand all this
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Need check email on phone someone sending me something
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for writing back and I am sorry about the persisting issues. So you are using an iPhone to access your email. Now, there are 2 ways to access your email on your iPhone. First is by using a web browser like Safari, and second is by using the Mail app. Which one do you use? The Mail app?

Also, can you please tell me your problem email address or the domain name part of your email address? Is it the part with the @ sign, like @gmail.com.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
[email protected]
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mail app
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for writing back with that information.

So you are using a Hotmail account since your email address ends with @hotmail.com. Also, you are using the Mail app.

Now, since you forgot the password, in order to regain access to the account, you need to RESET the password. By reset, Hotmail will verify your identity and then when successful, you will be allowed to create a NEW password.

Please remember that in the reset process, you need to use a web browser like Safari, and NOT the Mail app. If you are only using a computer now, I can remotely access your computer so that I can directly assist you in resetting your Hotmail password. Since you are using an iPhone, I will just give you the procedures:

Here are the steps:

1. Open your Safari web browser
  2. Go to this link below:
    http://account.live.com/password/reset
  3. Follow the on screen procedures to process the reset and when successful, you will be prompted to create a NEW password.
  4. After creating the new password, just update your Mail app password ***** you shall be able to access your emails.

I hope that helped.
Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess