cvd4311
cvd4311, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I have a BA in CIT and have been working in the computer field for over 14 years.
20109878

Could someone intercept your e-mails to isolate you? can

Customer Question

could someone intercept your e-mails to isolate you? can they then respond as if the person who you sent a message is replying so you never suspect anything?
Category: Email
Expert:  cvd4311 replied 2 years ago.

Yes someone can only do this is they have broken into your email account. The first thing to do is to change your password ***** away. Do not click onto any emails that say you need to change your password. It is a scam to take over your account. Change all of your passwords that you have associated with your email account including that email account.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
but how?
Expert:  cvd4311 replied 2 years ago.
They could hack into your email account and change all of your accounts, especially if you clicked on something from your email account to change password. That is a scam that is going around. So to be sure, you will need to change your email password ***** any passwords associated with that account. They could send the hacker software in an email and when you clicked on it, it opens like a back door for them. They chances of someone doing that is slim though because not a lot of people know how to hack like that. Make sure your router has a password ***** it so that no one can log into your router unless you give them the password. Most routers have those passwords on them unless you cancelled it off.
Just make sure to change all passwords and run your anti virus and make sure your anti virus stays on.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
what about face book?
Expert:  cvd4311 replied 2 years ago.
change facebook password ***** any other social media password ***** you have. Also change your security answers for facebook.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no. that's not what I mean. its not just hacking, its spoofing...so it doesn't matter how many times you change you password. do you know what I am talking about?
Expert:  cvd4311 replied 2 years ago.
I understand. Make sure your spam filters for your email are as high as they can go. Never click on emails that you don't know where they come from (could be a malware in there). Keep in mind that even though you set your filters high on your spam for spoofing they could still change email accounts and you will be spoofed again. You can also click on the spam box because you know it is not from yourself and it will block that person that is spoofing from your email address.
I did find this: "If you suspect unauthorized use of your account, immediately check your Sent folder for any emails that were sent without your consent. If you see any unexpected messages, immediately change your password. This will lockout the unauthorized user and re-secure your account".
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
but it doesn't matter if you change your password ***** your account is inside theirs...
Expert:  cvd4311 replied 2 years ago.
that is true. They can always go back in and spoof you again. So it is just an extra step to insure it will make it harder for them to do so. That's why the first step is to change all passwords and then jack your spam filters up so that it will be harder for someone to spoof you again.
Also here is a good article from Consumer Fraud report on spoofing: http://www.consumerfraudreporting.org/spoofing.php
Expert:  cvd4311 replied 2 years ago.
There's simply no fool-proof way to prevent spammers from using your email address, I am sorry to say.
Pc world has a link also about spoofing and what you can do but it is basically what I said above in changing your passwords and even getting a new email account and letting your friends and family know that you have changed the email account: http://www.pcworld.com/article/253305/minimize_your_exposure_to_email_spoofing.html
Expert:  cvd4311 replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon. I am just checking to see if everything is good and did you get instructions from above. Please answer in reply box. If everything is good with my answer can you please RATE 4 or above and I will close the question.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A) please explain to me what spoofing is exactly.
(B) how can a hacker manages to disrupts my cell phone data (contacts, for example, have all the same contact picture) when they do something to their "driver" (I think is the word).
(C) one e-mail I have sent a teacher was deleted on their pc (teacher kept a hand written log book of all her parents correspondances).
Expert:  cvd4311 replied 1 year ago.

For cell phones it is cloning not spoofing. They can do a caller id spoofing which is having the cell phone say they are some where they are not, by that I mean, that the telephone number is ***** the actually telephone number that they are calling from. Spoofing is a program successfully masquerades as another by falsifying data and thereby gaining an illegitimate advantage. What that means is that the can get into your router to get information from your computer or another device they can masquerade as. For emails it is a forgery of email address to hide the true sender.

It is very hard to spoof or clone a cell phone if you don't have the right equipment or software. They could clone your pictures and all information on your cell phone but the chances of that happening are slim to none. They can download software to your phone but they have to actually have your phone and most of the apps are where they can find you or where you went.

As far as as the deleted email on your teacher's pc I can't tell you what happened to that because it is usually the teacher that does it or someone that can get into her pc whether by accident or she left it logged in.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is very hard to spoof or clone a cell phone if you don't have the right equipment or software."(D) What equipment are we talking about here? Who would have access to this equipment and knowledge to do this?"They could clone your pictures and all information on your cell phone but the chances of that happening are slim to none."(E) What makes you say that the chances of a cell phone being cloned are slim to none?(F) TEXT MESSAGES. I sent multiple text messages to a friend and none of them had been successfully transmitted. How could third party achieve this interception? Could third party reply to my text messages passing themself as my friend?(G) Can wiping out my BB pair up my contacts? After making a search, I found that one contact was paired with another's phone number.(H) i block someone on FB. This blocked person said that they can still see my profile. How can this be possible?
Expert:  cvd4311 replied 1 year ago.

D: Software called Spoof Card can let you change your calling id number to some other number (there are software out there for those kind of things). Phone cloning you would have to make a copy of the sim card of the phone that you are cloning (the chances of someone getting a hold of your phone and returning it back to you after they have done that is very slim). E: Most people do not know how to clone or spoof a cell phone. Hackers do know how to do that but the chances of a everyday someone (not knowing how to do that) doing that is very slim. F: Maybe the friend sent your texts to spam or blocked you from sending them texts (without me knowing them I can't say). Maybe they turned off text messaging or the towers were down or they were in an area where they couldn't receive text messages. And unless they have cloned your friend sim card they would not be able to reply to your text message as your friend. G: Sometimes that could happen when you wipe your phone clean and then sync it up so your contacts will come back. Maybe when you backed up your phone it happen to place a different phone with that contact number. H. Even though you blocked that person you will have to unfriend them also. Blocked people can still see your FB profile. Unfriend them also and they can't see it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
H). "Even though you blocked that person you will have to unfriend them also. Blocked people can still see your FB profile. Unfriend them also and they can't see it."We have 2 profils in a real FB (no spoofing): no.1 unfriends and blocks no.2. No.2 still can see no.1. Explain this by adding a third party...(I) FB is spoofed. Make a correlation with this analogy: "I carry your heart with me. I carry your heart in my heart "
Expert:  cvd4311 replied 1 year ago.

I am not sure where this is going, since I have answered your question: could someone intercept your e-mails to isolate you? can they then respond as if the person who you sent a message is replying so you never suspect anything?

You keep asking different questions mixed in with your original. Yes blocked people can still see your profile but unfriending them they can't see it. If it was unfriended and blocked will not be able to contact you or post. This is what FB is saying about that problem: "

If someone’s bothering you on Facebook, the best way to stop them is to block them. Learn more about blocking. Other ways to limit someone's ability to contact you include:

As far as making a correlation with "I carry your heart with me. I carry your hear in my heart (which is poetry by E E Cummings): what has that to do with your beginning question?

• Unfriending them. Only your friends can post on your Timeline. You can also change your settings to prevent anyone from posting on your Timeline.

• Filtering your messages. Adjust your filters preference to control what types of messages arrive in your inbox."

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please read and answer my questions carefully. Don't add info I did not ask. Do your best. If your don't know the the answer, that's fine. I need a expert 's point of view. You are the expert. Answer accordingly.
Expert:  cvd4311 replied 1 year ago.

I understand what you are saying but I am an expert on computers not poetry so not sure what you want me to say about: Make a correlation with this analogy: "I carry your heart with me. I carry your heart in my heart "

If you are asking can your FB page get hacked then the answer is yes. Someone can make your page into theirs and make your friends think it is you. Also I added what FB said (which was the same items I mentioned above): unfriend and unblock at the same time. If you only unblock then they can see your profile. If you do both, they can't see it. If no 1 friend blocked and unfriended no 2 then no 2 should not be able to see no 1 unless no 2 logs into someone else's account that are friends with no 1 and can see their profile.