technicalcat
technicalcat, Consultant
Experience:  20 years combined corporate and small business experience.
65369237

I am trying to download AOL emails to a flash drive and I

Customer Question

Hi - I am trying to download AOL emails to a flash drive and I cannot seem to find the option to SAVE AS or SAVE TARGET AS...
Category: Email
Expert:  technicalcat replied 2 years ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service.

I can remote to your computer to solve this problem for you. Please let me know if you would like me to do that.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
By remoting to my computer, does that mean you will have access to everything that is on it?

It is like a screen sharing. You watch and interact while we work together to solve your problem.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
If it's only screen sharing we can do it. However, if you have access to data that is on my computer, I cannot do this.

If you aren't comfortable we me connecting to your computer, then let's try to solve it via Q&A.

Please tell me the following:

1) Were you previously able to save these emails?

2) Are you using the AOL software to access your email, or a web browser such as internet explorer or firefox or chrome?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Let's try to do it via Q&A, because I have very sensitive information on my computer and allowing someone else to access the computer could cause legal problems for me.I have all of the emails saved to a specific folder in AOL mail. I am using internet explorer to access the AOL email.

Have you tried using a different browser to solve this problem? If not, and even if you intend for some reason to use Internet Explorer long term ... for purposes of testing I would like you to login to your email using firefox or chrome. Let me know if you already have these installed, and if not, I can send you a link to download. Thanks!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I think I have chrome - let me see - I will get back to you in a few minutes...
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok I have chrome
Please login to your email with Chrome. Tell me if things are any different, and if you are able to save your emails.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok - I logged in using chrome and I was able to save my emails, but it saved ALL of my emails, not just the ones from the one particular file that I want to save.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have to run to a meeting now - let's pick this up later this afternoon.

OK, if you were able to save the emails with a different browser, then there is either a problem with your Internet Explorer, or it may be out of date.

Regarding the particular file, you will need to tell me more specifically what you are speaking of. Keep in mind that with any web-based email system, you will be limited to the functionality of that system (in this case AOL) at that time. They do vary a bit on things like folder structures and saving email. Put simply, you have to work within the boundaries of the system.

Please remember to rate my time and help to you today. I continue to follow up on this issue before and after rating , if necessary, until you are satisfied. Thanks!